Hello again

Dreamer420

Hi, I did post a hello thread a few years back, but never managed to get a grow off the ground and I’ve just been buying still.

finally got fed up, and am putting a groom together.

I’ll start a diary when there’s plants going, but it could be a couple weeks.

I’ve built a wooden box in the corner of the shed/garage, and insulated it, then put a 70x70x160 tent 

• Like 7

Hi and welcome back :) Good luck with your first grow :yep: Get a diary up and running and any time you need help and advice, all the info anyone might need to help you out will be right there. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Hi welcome back to the UK420 community, good luck with your grow :bong:

Thanks man 

56 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Welcome back :D 

Atb

:yinyang:

Cheers

36 minutes ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

what did you insulate the box with mate? id be tempted to bin the tent off and just go with your insulated wooden box 

25mm foil backed foam sheets. Two layers underneath, one each side and on top, but on top is going to be an intake box also insulated. I did think about that, but using the tent as well inside help me control what get in, insulation dust, wood dust etc. I plan to have a couple of filters on the intake also. Fed up of weed with cat hair in lol.

it’s also where I do woodwork, so I am worried about fine sawdust getting in…

18 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

Hi and welcome back :) Good luck with your first grow :yep: Get a diary up and running and any time you need help and advice, all the info anyone might need to help you out will be right there. 

Thanks, will do, but not a lot worth putting up yet so will wait til I’m going.

• Like 3

@Dreamer420 welcome back.. hopefully you get this off the ground this time around.. ditch the dealer buddy self sufficiency FTW

Theres plenty of help knowledge and guidance here for you bro, don't be a dreamer :yep:

• Like 4

@Dreamer420I would have gone for 50mm on the sides and 100mm on top but thats just me over building, whats the intake box above it all about? 

I hear you about the cat hairlol but i cant taste it so i dont give it much thought,

my intake is from my garage also which is pretty dusty, i havent used filters and dont really notice any dust but it will be on my bud, it has crossed my mind to install a filter on the intake but havent got round to it. 

putting foil tape on the edge of the boards helps with the insulation dust. Iv also foiled every single joint so nothing can get in and its pretty much sealed. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Revive said:

@Dreamer420 welcome back.. hopefully you get this off the ground this time around.. ditch the dealer buddy self sufficiency FTW

Theres plenty of help knowledge and guidance here for you bro, don't be a dreamer :yep:

Yea, the screen name came from always dreaming of growing but never quite getting off the ground. I once dig a 5ft deep 1.4x1m hole under my shed to have a grow, but then moved house lol.

8 minutes ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

@Dreamer420I would have gone for 50mm on the sides and 100mm on top but thats just me over building, whats the intake box above it all about? 

I hear you about the cat hairlol but i cant taste it so i dont give it much thought,

my intake is from my garage also which is pretty dusty, i havent used filters and dont really notice any dust but it will be on my bud, it has crossed my mind to install a filter on the intake but havent got round to it. 

putting foil tape on the edge of the boards helps with the insulation dust. Iv also foiled every single joint so nothing can get in and its pretty much sealed. 

50mm was just too expensive. Damp concrete floor, so even though I left a 30mm air gap underneath, I went 50mm underneath. Oh and in the back actually. Sides front and top only 25mm.

the intake box is partly to help disguise the intake, but also to be able to filter the air. One first filter for large stuff, insects. Then maybe if I need to, fit a mini dehumidifier and a small bar heater in there to dry and warm the incoming air. Hence why I also  don’t mind only 25mm top insulation. Then a second dust/fine particle filter top stop any dust at all hopefully. At some point I’ll knock a couple bricks out the back wall of the shed, and suck outside air with way less dust.

Only trouble then will be the moisture. South west wales, 15ft from a stream, and the concrete shed is buried back and one side into the hillside. In heavy rain, water leaks through the walls… 

oh and I used duck tape on all the edges of the insulation boards, so except two 4” holes cut for the intake and outtake, and around the door panel, that’s a sealed box too.

Edited by Dreamer420
  • Like 2

So I’ve finally completed building my grow room!

I just need to run a hidden electric supply and then I can turn it all on, woohoo

i guess I’ll leave it to run a day or two to check how the temps and humidity go.

I’ll probably have to end up buying a mini dehumidifier and maybe another small bar heater….

large.2E4D5D00-DB82-4740-9933-79E5EF9B8FF1.jpeg

Edited by Dreamer420
  • Like 6

Well done @dreamer420

Been threatening to do mine.. But... This that "she who must be obeyed" " how's that things to do list?" etc etc 

Is making mine more like a 2023 project lol

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jeanpoole said:

Well done @dreamer420

Been threatening to do mine.. But... This that "she who must be obeyed" " how's that things to do list?" etc etc 

Is making mine more like a 2023 project lol

Yea, I was worried about my mrs for a while. But then I realised she wasn’t too fussed about me with stuff so I decided to go ahead. She asked what I was building, I told her it was for a hot water tank and battery storage for solar system lol

3 hours ago, dylant said:

Nice one my friend and welcome aboard again ..

Thanks man

• Like 1