Control Freak Vs Sms Controller

Axiom

Looking for a cheapish fan controller with a single input for feeding exhaust into another tent.

The tent I'm feeding into is currently passive intake.

I have a hybrid sms twin but I don't want to plug into that because the veg tent temps might go outta whack. 

Anyone had experience with the single fan controllers like SMS or Control Freak?

I think the control freak is newer on the market - I just want the quieter option tbh.. any thoughts / experience would be great.

:yinyang:

You run the risk of positive pressure, and of course depleted co2 levels, venting the extract from one tent into another. Not something I would recommend, really. 

As for the Control Freak vs SMS single fan speed controllers, they are much of a muchness. Both will cause the fans to buzz when turned down. 

• Like 2

@GSZZ .. I figured it would help the lights off temperature in 12/12, but what you're saying makes a lot of sense and I will probably let it recirculate in the garage until the temps pick up a bit. Don't wanna risk positive pressure!

Is there an easy + cheap way to get the vari-ac thermostatically controlled? 

Like one of those ink bird temperature controllers with the differential settings?

It just seems way too tempting to buy the controllers which are already wired up and have the probe, as they seem to be cheaper too.

The cheap control freak and sms units will buzz...

I have a control freak unit but it's the good one which costs £250+ they don't buzz at all, propper tidy bit of kit.

• Like 1

i have the £250 sms controller and it's been a great investment for the last 5 years i think

was £250 from my local grow shop

• Like 1

On 19/11/2022 at 9:44 AM, Axiom said:

Looking for a cheapish fan controller

Me too mate i need to keep on top of my temps a bit better than i have, i need something cheapish safe and reliable that doesn't buzz.