CBDv... I tried it, and liked it

FigmentofFig

Decided to jump on the old ukelele 420 to share this with you guys. Out here in 'Merica there are some 1:1 CBD to CBDv strains available to the common man. This is classified as hemp, and so can be ordered online without any medical recommendation etc... The strain i tried is called Pinewalker. Mind you the THC content is around 0.5 %. I've tried plenty of CBD before, but the CBDv has way different effects. It gives me energy, which is super weird. Weed doesn't do that for me, ever. You can still relax with it, but I'm telling you, this shit is way different from what you are used to.  I highly recommend it. I'm sure loads of people are going to love this shit when it hits mainstream. Any real breeders out there might want to start working on projects. 

I will update this later with pix and a review of the Pinewalker. Enjoy your day.

• Like 6

sounds interesting @FigmentofFig

cbd-a is apparently way stronger than cbd and has different effects

but if you want it i think you have to crop way early before it converts (juice it)

Edited by twigs

3 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

Dutch Passion have an Auto CBDv strain available on their website.

That's good to know. I think there's a company that sells Pinewalker seeds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twigs said:

sounds interesting @FigmentofFig

cbd-a is apparently way stronger than cbd and has different effects

but if you want it i think you have to crop way early before it converts (juice it)

CBD A would just be CBD before it decarboxylates. Any fresh CBD flower would mostly contain CBD A, until you heated it up. Same with THC A. 

• Like 1

@FigmentofFig that’s right dude :yep:  and recently found much stronger effect than cbd 

“A 2013 study from scientists in Guelph, Canada, found that CBDA was a thousand times more powerful than CBD in binding to a specific serotonin receptor linked to anti-nausea and anti-anxiety effects when administered alongside low-doses of the traditional anti-nausea drug for chemotherapy patients”

:yinyang:

Edited by twigs
  • Like 1

Is anywhere in the UK selling these seeds? I first started growing so i could get decent CBD bud for the misses and me.

Cheers

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Greenfingers420uk said:

Is anywhere in the UK selling these seeds? I first started growing so i could get decent CBD bud for the misses and me.

Cheers

Yes mate apparently dutch passion has a CBDv strain, as mentioned above. If i recall Oregon CBD is the creator of Pinewalker, and they sell seeds as well. Not sure if they ship to the UK though. Do some research mate.

15 minutes ago, Greenfingers420uk said:

Cheers

Also here in the states you can get decent CBD bud for really great prices. If your grow isn't sustaining your usage, i can point you to a few companies that are reputable. I'm not sure if they ship to the UK though. One of them has to.

• Like 2

large.IMG_20221115_124401765_HDR.jpg

Pinewalker

Smell is pine like a pine forest. That's the main bit. Some other things in there, maybe some sour earth things going on. Not sour like sour diesel, but just some sour sweetness like a candy.

Taste is really nice in the vape. It produces a lot of vapor, and it expands well I'm the lungs. Very piney taste. Morish... It's a familiar taste and smell that will bring you back to before you started smoking weed, probably back to your first Christmases as a child.

Effects are anti anxiety, energy, smiles... For me they last quite a while, maybe 2 or 3 hours, but I'm a total lightweight and super sensitive. 

large.IMG_20221115_124419511.jpg

• Like 3

Can anyone tell me why cbd weed or in this case cbdv weed never looks as good as thc weed? I’ve been in to legal shops in Italy and Spain and is the same.

is that just coincidence or there something behind it? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, openthebox said:

Can anyone tell me why cbd weed or in this case cbdv weed never looks as good as thc weed? I’ve been in to legal shops in Italy and Spain and is the same.

I don't know about op's pics, but the CBD weed I buy in the UK is of high quality. Just gotta know where to buy it from, very well priced too. Just a couple of different strains below:yep:

large.20221108_184501.jpglarge.20211028_215412.jpglarge.20211013_154222.jpglarge.20210911_205202.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, openthebox said:

You can buy CBD bud that looks and smells just about the same as regular bud these days. The improvement has been gradual.  

The reason the CBDv doesn't look so nice is because when they find a plant high in CBDv, or a new cannabinoid let's say, it takes them generations in plant terms to breed all the smell and looks back into it. That and this Pinewalker was outdoor grown, or greenhouse grown. I forget. That's my understanding of it anyway.