Cream Mandarine Auto vs Photo?

latitude54

Hey guys, 

As part of my first ever grow, I ran 4 Cream Mandarine autos and 2 Green Poison F1 Fast. I don't think I did a very good job with the autos as the plants were small and all 4 combined only yielded about an ounce. Whilst the Green Poison's did really well. 

I know the low yield of the autos was down to my lack of experience. Annoyingly the Cream Mandarine has turned out to be absolutely amazing and I want to grow it again but I'm nervous of trying autos again till I've got a bit more experience under my belt! With that in mind, I noticed that you have a Cream Mandarine F1 Fast. Is there much difference in the final products between the Auto and Photoperiod?

Cheers

15 hours ago, latitude54 said:

Hey guys, 

As part of my first ever grow, I ran 4 Cream Mandarine autos and 2 Green Poison F1 Fast. I don't think I did a very good job with the autos as the plants were small and all 4 combined only yielded about an ounce. Whilst the Green Poison's did really well. 

I know the low yield of the autos was down to my lack of experience. Annoyingly the Cream Mandarine has turned out to be absolutely amazing and I want to grow it again but I'm nervous of trying autos again till I've got a bit more experience under my belt! With that in mind, I noticed that you have a Cream Mandarine F1 Fast. Is there much difference in the final products between the Auto and Photoperiod?

Cheers

Cheers mate,

Thanks for your message. In your case, the main difference between the autoflowering and the photoperiod-dependent version is that you will be able to correct the problem that you mention. The fact that they stayed very small. With the photoperiod-dependent version you only change to 12/12 when you consider that they are big enough to do so, in a way that you don't consider them small when the harvest time arrives.

In regards to quality (potency and terpenes) you can expect something very similar to what you got with the autoflowering version, probably even a bit better.

Sweet smokes,

tommy

@Latitude54   Im glad you enjoyed the Cream Mandy as much as i do :)     From personal experience & growing i couldnt recommend the Fast Mandy sorry.

It is a poor representation of the Auto Mandy and sadly as i see too often the Fast versions lose out on something the non fast version has  ,  be it effect, weight ,growth traits ,  you get the idea.    I have ran 2 packs of the Fast Mandy as i too chased the Sweets guys to produce a Fem Mandy but the Fast version lacks in the flavour , the potency  / effect the Auto Mandy can deliver and its way less uniform with wide pheno variation.   

The closest i found to the Auto Mandy in Fem form was an Ice Cool plant from Sweets,  she tasted and hit like well cooked Mandy ,  the Fast Mandy with all due respect was a total let down when comparing it to the Auto Mandy.     

I would continue the Auto love and dial in your auto outdoor skills mate,  you will nail it ,  ret a few methods across a pack and nail a method down that works for you.   

Nothing but love for Sweets gang , Tommy , Apolo , JayP.        Struggling to tag today for strange reason.   

• Like 3

That's interesting. I think the red mandarine is a good choice but it's not the orange diesel that cream mandarine is. Its Tangie X red poison so more Orange skunk. I've yet to try but was considering getting both. I'll just stick to red mandy now and maybe the cream mandarine auto