Cloned cannabis cells with 12 times more potency are grown in Israeli bioreactor

dan6

8 hours ago, AnonyMice said:

synthetic cannabis’

But it isn’t synthetic, it’s real cannabis just grown in a bioreactor. It’s “unnaturally grown” for sure but it is sort of like distilling alcohol, it’s just concentrating it. I’d definitely be tempted to try once.

• Like 2

@Cursed My mistake mate sorry. I’d deffo try it myself in that case. I didn’t realise it was actually cannabis lol I should have read it more carefully. 

I suppose the process of any extraction/distill isn’t exactly natural anyways. 12x more potent, real weed.. fuck I want to try this shit 

• Like 1

it’s easy to jump in defense of human kind when so many pharmaceutical experiments on the endo system and replicated oids given singularly have caused toxic reactions, death and mental illness from a non toxic plant all in sake of patents for profit.

lots of scams out there pertaining to save the planet when the planet was doing fine with natural plants growing in its soil :stoned:  

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 10:07 AM, twigs said:

only if you choose 1000% pharmaceutically toxic gmo weed! 

o’naturel no problem! 

it’s already happened mate with the weight loss (name escapes me) synthetic thc-v drug. It made people commit suicide so they quickly pulled it 

- fucking toxic people making toxic drugs - 

:yinyang:

Is that right? Thcv made people kill themselves? That doesn't sound correct, but i would love a link.

@FigmentofFig  lots about it online mate :yinyang:

Rimonabant: suicide and depression. Depression and suicidal tendencies are about twice as frequent with rimonabant as with placebo

————

When the diet pill rimonabant was approved in Europe in 2007, it was hailed as a wonder drug for helping people lose weight, improve their cholesterol and blood glucose levels, among other things.

But after a major trial linked the drug to a slightly higher suicide rate, European officials shut it down and pulled the drug from the market. It was never licensed in the United States, but was sold as Acomplia, Riobant, Slimona, as well as under other names in Europe.

The drug targets certain brain receptors connected to processes including appetite and mood.

In a new paper, investigators say the trial was stopped too soon and that regulatory authorities became skittish after the suicides.

The study was published Friday in the medical journal Lancet and was paid for by the drug's maker, Sanofi Aventis SA.

The trial wasn't testing the drug's weight loss benefits, but whether it might prevent heart problems. It was supposed to follow more than 18,000 patients in 42 countries for three years. Roughly half were given rimonabant while the other half were given a placebo.

After about a year, four people on rimonabant had killed themselves, versus one person in the placebo group. There were also nine attempted suicides in people on rimonabant, compared with five among those on placebo.

At that point, the study was halted and the European Medicines Agency yanked its approval for the drug

———

I think the fact that over weight people seeking help are generally more depressed from their situation meant they were giving a drug that increased suicidal thoughts x2 to already depressed people wasn’t a good idea 

but studies have shown that NATURAL whole cannabis (non synthetic, non toxic) high in thc-v is effective at weight loss, mood lifting (thc) and impulsive thoughts (cbd) not to mention a host of other beneficial effects from terps and the other cannabinoids 

but they don’t want people to be high! and happy for some sick reason of control

Sanofi in $40 million settlement over obesity drug linked to suicidal thoughts

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Sanofi SA has reached a $40 million settlement of a U.S. lawsuit accusing the French drugmaker of misleading investors about the safety of a weight loss pill that a U.S. regulatory panel linked to suicidal thoughts.

The all-cash settlement was disclosed in a court filing on Thursday, and requires approval by U.S. District Judge George Daniels in Manhattan.

It resolves claims that arose after a U.S. Food and Drug Administration advisory committee on June 13, 2007 urged that the agency reject Sanofi’s drug rimonabant, known by the trade names Acomplia and Zimulti, on concern that using it could increase suicidal thinking and depression.

Sanofi is the world’s fourth-largest pharmaceutical company as measured by prescription drug sales

Plaintiffs led by the Hawaii Annuity Trust for Operating Engineers accused Sanofi of touting the drug as a possible “blockbuster” to treat obesity, with only mild side effects.

But they said Sanofi concealed clinical tests that showed a statistically significant increase in “suicidality” among people taking the drug

:smokin:

a ‘could be’ problem is your body can only use/absorb so much phyto-oids and a artificially hyper inflated amount could be negative to cells or endo system..

in the same way they used to invent ways to prove cannabis is harmful by forcing unnaturally vast amounts of cannabis in to animals to try and kill them

5 hours ago, twigs said:

@FigmentofFig  lots about it online mate :yinyang:

Rimonabant: suicide and depression. Depression and suicidal tendencies are about twice as frequent with rimonabant as with placebo

————

When the diet pill rimonabant was approved in Europe in 2007, it was hailed as a wonder drug for helping people lose weight, improve their cholesterol and blood glucose levels, among other things.

But after a major trial linked the drug to a slightly higher suicide rate, European officials shut it down and pulled the drug from the market. It was never licensed in the United States, but was sold as Acomplia, Riobant, Slimona, as well as under other names in Europe.

The drug targets certain brain receptors connected to processes including appetite and mood.

In a new paper, investigators say the trial was stopped too soon and that regulatory authorities became skittish after the suicides.

The study was published Friday in the medical journal Lancet and was paid for by the drug's maker, Sanofi Aventis SA.

The trial wasn't testing the drug's weight loss benefits, but whether it might prevent heart problems. It was supposed to follow more than 18,000 patients in 42 countries for three years. Roughly half were given rimonabant while the other half were given a placebo.

After about a year, four people on rimonabant had killed themselves, versus one person in the placebo group. There were also nine attempted suicides in people on rimonabant, compared with five among those on placebo.

At that point, the study was halted and the European Medicines Agency yanked its approval for the drug

———

I think the fact that over weight people seeking help are generally more depressed from their situation meant they were giving a drug that increased suicidal thoughts x2 to already depressed people wasn’t a good idea 

but studies have shown that NATURAL whole cannabis (non synthetic, non toxic) high in thc-v is effective at weight loss, mood lifting (thc) and impulsive thoughts (cbd) not to mention a host of other beneficial effects from terps and the other cannabinoids 

but they don’t want people to be high! and happy for some sick reason of control

I searched but i did not find. 

I'm not seeing anything saying rimonabant is THCv though... It looks to be some synthetic drug that targets the endocannabinoid system.

All the synthetic cannabinoids are harmful IMO. Lots of them were developed and tested to act as nerve agents to be used by the military!

• Like 2

@FigmentofFig iirc it was after the research and discovery that thc-v had weight loss ability that they formulated Rimonabant i think..

iirc :smokin:

or they were working on Rimonabant for somthing else and discovered it acts like thc-v as in weight loss

e2+ when you want to quote me just @ me dude because i think it eats at storage space or somting? :yinyang:

Edited by twigs

On 05/11/2022 at 0:42 AM, dylant said:

lots of sprayed weed flying about now

And edibles judging by the news described as black market edibles often putting the user in A&E

• Like 1

Plot twist : They’ve taken industrial hemp at 0.1% thc and turnt it into 1.2% lol I do wonder how they’ve made it 12x stronger since a lot of canna knocking about now is in the 20% especially round manny way 

That Rimonabant works on the cb1 receptor. When the cb1 receptor is activated, it can stimulate the appetite; so some dick head thought they'd make a drug that completely blocks it.

Would anyone smoke or ingest yeast made cannabinoids? that shit can be made on industrial scales in barrels.

They did all this playing cannabis god years ago with a banana and i never got to eat my THC banana which would of been nice in my opinion.