Help with HLG 600 V2 Rspec

Chris Smith

Hey all,

Just starting my 3rd grow. I have a HLG 600 V2 Rspec and was warned to take it easy and start the grow on low watts and build up.

I have been doing this and my issue is any sign of a plant changing i think, crap! turn it back down. i do eventually get up to 500W but never 600W. Im paranoid of fucking the crop up.

Does anyone have ione of these that can share some recommendations of watts strength for each phase. Seedlings, vedge flower.

There is a dial with 10 positions for power. HLG gave me this as a guide for watts on each click on the dial.

1        0
2        135
3        235
4        325
5        415
6        490
7        550
8        595
9        600
10        605

Thanks all :cowboy:

Alright there @Chris Smith

Welcome to Uk420 :skin_up:

It depends on how many and how big your plants are.

Personally I usually veg seedlings under one panel (HLG Quantum boards) at around 100 watts 12-18 inches, tho that is on the high side. 
Once they fill a one litre pot I’ll give them another panel (200 watts)and set the height around the sweet spot.

If you blast a seedling with 500 watts unless you’ve got real good height clearance it’s gonna fry, not to mention all that wasted light, hence I start with one panel. 

Hope that helps you.

Jj:yinyang:

• Like 2

I'm new to LED. This route was cost effective and at least gives some confidence you're in the right ballpark for each stage. 

12 hours ago, Shumroom said:

What's the dimensions of the grow space? 

Atb 

:yinyang:

Doh! 4x4. as if i missed that

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

Alright there @Chris Smith

Welcome to Uk420 :skin_up:

It depends on how many and how big your plants are.

Personally I usually veg seedlings under one panel (HLG Quantum boards) at around 100 watts 12-18 inches, tho that is on the high side. 
Once they fill a one litre pot I’ll give them another panel (200 watts)and set the height around the sweet spot.

If you blast a seedling with 500 watts unless you’ve got real good height clearance it’s gonna fry, not to mention all that wasted light, hence I start with one panel. 

Hope that helps you.

Jj:yinyang:

Hey! thanks.

I found a site that reviewed this light:

Coverage area:

• Veg: 6' x 6'
  • Flower: 4' x 4' to 5' x 5'

Mounting height: 

• Flower: 28-32"
  • Veg: 36-40"
Pro notes: 
Clones/seedlings: 36-48" above the canopy at 20% intensity
Veg: Once the plants are starting to mature, say 3-4 nodes, then increase the intensity to 30-50%, but keep the height the same.
Flower (or late veg): 60-100% and adjust the height accordingly.
  • Like 1