ripeness 100% sativa

mle404

I grew 100% sativa strain outdoor, for security reasons so that no one would find it I had to harvest it a little earlier. The plant would probably need another 14+ days. She didn't look ripe to me, but the trichomes show otherwise. It's also not big size due to the consequences of hail damage and the hole being too small. The size of the dried cola tops look like almost an inch width. When I took a pictures it was either leaves or buds on the microscope, because buds are not big.

So when I dried her and looked trichomes under microscope, I noticed that there were only a few amber-colored trichomes and even some clear trichomes were present. I test the strain, when vaporized... I kind of liked the effect, but who knows, it could have been better. So I'm wondering if it's really harvested too early?

What is your opinion?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pictures uploaded here on imgbb com:

Edited by Owderb
Pics removed. Please upload to here. Thanks

Best use the site to upload images. Those wont last long lol

Didny click the links as they might be buggy

Edited by Darknight420710
  • Like 2

Hi mle404

Welcome to UK420 :)

The link below will take you to a thread that helps newcomers get their head around the image uploader. 

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/397925-help-for-new-comers-uploading-to-uk420/

You will probably need to reduce the image size first of all, 

as the max file size is 980KB per image. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 2

I grew 100% sativa strain outdoor, for security reasons so that no one would find it I had to harvest it a little earlier. The plant would probably need another 14+ days. She didn't look ripe to me, but the trichomes show otherwise. It's also not big size due to the consequences of hail damage and the hole being too small. The size of the dried cola tops look like almost an inch width. When I took a pictures it was either leaves or buds on the microscope, because buds are not big.

So when I dried her and looked trichomes under microscope, I noticed that there were only a few amber-colored trichomes and even some clear trichomes were present. I test the strain, when vaporized... I kind of liked the effect, but who knows, it could have been better. So I'm wondering if it's really harvested too early?

What is your opinion?

Thanks in advance for your help.

PICS:

large.Lucky004460.jpglarge.Lucky004459.jpglarge.Lucky004458.jpglarge.Lucky004457.jpglarge.Lucky004456.jpglarge.Lucky004455.jpglarge.Lucky004454.jpglarge.Lucky004453.jpglarge.Lucky004450.jpglarge.Lucky004449.jpglarge.Lucky004448.jpglarge.Lucky004446.jpglarge.Lucky004438.jpglarge.Lucky004437.jpglarge.Lucky004436.jpglarge.Lucky004435.jpglarge.Lucky004433.jpglarge.Lucky004431.jpg

• Like 3

Hi ,  in my opinion and with all due respect ... what i may like you may not ,  ripeness or how well cooked is a real preference.

Looking at the trichs shes in the very early stages of being ripe in my personal criteria but on the other hand she could be someone else's perfection :yep:

Taking samples as she cooks is always a good idea.    

• Like 2

Hi,

@OldFord

How do you know that it is very early stage of being ripe? :) You must be  a good connoisseur.

Yes, and taking samples is really good idea, I have taken a sample of two buds 15 days apart, the strain is The Real Amnesia (growerchoice nl). These days I will test both buds and see what will be difference in effect.

Anybody maybe knows what is a trichome that has a vivid orange bulb?

Hi, Dr. feelgood,

The strain is Desfrán by Dutch Passion. Side cutted main central cola is in the picture, there are other four side branches. The plant was about cca 1,2+ meters tall. To give you an idea of the size, there is a lighter next to it that measures 8 centimeters in height.

I tested this variety several times, vaporized it at 200C and realized the effect that I liked at first is not so nice anymore. It seems to me that something is missing in the effect. She is too uncomfortable and very focused effect, the hit is in the head and unbalanced. Now I don't know it could be because of the variety itself or it could probably be because of immaturity.

After vaping Desfrán I've waited 2 hours and then tried to vape my top of 5 strains - Think Different by Dutch Passion and my feeling immediately improved - in a sence of a good comfortable feeling vibe.

large.Lucky004469.jpglarge.Lucky004468.jpg

• Like 1