Is Cheese XXL auto really as pungent as they say?

moj

Just grabbed myself a pack of Cheese XXL autos, very surprised to find them; hopefully they've been stored well. I like to grow a few girls in the garden every summer, but on the blurb it suggests this could be a bad idea with this strain if one wants to remain undetected by the neighbours.  I've grown 9 or 10 other auto strains outside in the past, normally I'll have 4 or 5 plants out at a time, and I have yet to smell any of them without getting up close, within like a foot or so. Friends and family have also failed to detect anything when mooching around the garden so it's not just me.

Does anyone think that Cheese XXL is truly a lot more pungent than your typical plant, or is it just typical seedbank hype because it's Cheese-related?

I'll keep you posted.. lol ..  I've got a cheeselisious in the tent just now going into flower, bout 2 weeks,  not smelling to bad/good, depends how you look at it.... just now, but you can smell her if you stick your head in the tent...

hoping for a stealth grow too, fingers X 

• Like 1

I don't know about Cheese XXL autos, but I have a Chemdog, Cheddar #1 (Skunk based UK Cheese / Exodus clone) and Skunk #1 in a tent, Week 2 of flower also and they have been pretty stinky since week 5 of veg, getting stronger smelling every day!

You can't smell them through the carbon filter, yet, but you open the tent and you get an absolutely delicious herbal whiff.

In the garden, you'd definitely smell them from a few feet in still air (summer).

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, chilled artist said:

I'll keep you posted.. lol ..  I've got a cheeselisious in the tent just now going into flower, bout 2 weeks,  not smelling to bad/good, depends how you look at it.... just now, but you can smell her if you stick your head in the tent...

hoping for a stealth grow too, fingers X 

2 hours ago, MidgeSmith said:

I don't know about Cheese XXL autos, but I have a Chemdog, Cheddar #1 (Skunk based UK Cheese / Exodus clone) and Skunk #1 in a tent, Week 2 of flower also and they have been pretty stinky since week 5 of veg, getting stronger smelling every day!

You can't smell them through the carbon filter, yet, but you open the tent and you get an absolutely delicious herbal whiff.

In the garden, you'd definitely smell them from a few feet in still air (summer).

Cheers guys, I'm hoping with just growing one or two plants at a time, in an unconfined space outside, that the smell won't build-up too much like a tent. All the best with your grows, hope they turn out stellar :thumsup:

2 hours ago, badbillybob said:

in a word, no.

its smells no more than most skunk based strains

Nice one, billybob, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear!

• Like 1

you will need a fan and filter tho, or they will stink the neightbourhood out, but when grown dried etc they dont smell any more than most. 

you are using a filter , right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

you will need a fan and filter tho, or they will stink the neightbourhood out, but when grown dried etc they dont smell any more than most. 

you are using a filter , right?

Always if I'm doing an indoor grow. It's just if decide to put one or two outside I'm a bit concerned of. Have only grown one skunk strain outdoors, some DP Mazar around 20 years ago; just one plant in a greenhouse but didn't have any problems with smell.

• Like 2