Auto's and fem's together.

Bruce Lee

I am planning an auto and fem grow together. The auto's for some fast buds and the fems for a larger yeild.

I am planning on growing four fems and some auto's in a 1.2 x 1.2 tent. I am going to plant everything at the same time and let the fems have a good 60 - 90 days vegging along with the autos, I can always trim them if they start getting too big.

I have never grown auto's before and have heard that you just plant them in a 10 litre pot and they grow and finish when they want, in about 60-90 days. I am not expecting great yeilds from them and one or two ounces a plant would be great.

Can the auto's be left under my veg T5 light with the fems for their entire duration or do they need to go under a HPS light at some point? Will the fems be ok if I run a HPS as well when they are vegging?

How many auto's can I fit in the tent in 10 litre pots with my four Fems as well? Variety is the spice of life, I was thinking three auto's? Could I fit five or six, or would it be too much for the tent, with the fems at the back?

Thanks.

I was kinda hoping that there would be enough room for all, I could trim the fems or plant them a couple of weeks later to give room for the auto's.

My thoughts were that the auto's would be smaller, take up less space, and give a smaller yeild.

Maybe I should hold off for a few weeks and plant five or six auto's and trim the auto's so they do not take up much room and give the fems a chance to catch up?

Would the auto's still flower under a T5 veg light?

Basically repeating whats been said above.

You will quickly run out of room and iirc Autos are best run at 18/6 and not 12/12 so yield will be affected.

Have you got a different tent?

I have a 1.2 x 1.2 flower tent and a 800 x 800 veg tent.

I am growing my first Auto in the veg tent (where its staying) and i just raise up any babies with upturned empty pots

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Subutai said:

iirc Autos are best run at 18/6 and not 12/12 so yield will be affected.

I find 20/4 is the sweet spot for autos and yield.

• Like 1

autos indoor??....on 18/6 or 20/4 ???....so 2020.....

well...if you have to much money for energie.... :) ....

on 12/12   fast flouering fotos rulez in 2022... :) 

2022....autos are for outdoors nothern parts of europe.....long hours daylight....and short summers :) 

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 2