First time Rosin press results

Miichaell93

Hello 

done my first run with a cheap heat press, Kp-1. 

pressed 7 grams at 190 and got 2 grams in rosin in return. 

turned 1 gram into vape juice, mixed with wax liquidiser, turned out really good for first time, taste is good and feels fairly strong. 

My only complaint is that my vape oil was quite cloudy, consistency was spot on, I only heated for a short amount of time while I mixed them together, would longer on the heat make it clearer ? 

any advice for good strains to press ? and also any recommendations on dab rigs or the best way to smoke the rosin wax? 

thanks in advance 

will try to add some photos 

7 grams flower? If so that's an extraordinary yield from a cheap press, nearly 30%. Are you sure about those numbers?

large.ECA39196-1B3E-4071-99CF-BDEDE743D604.jpeglarge.A06F466D-5F0A-4B94-AF2A-ABB69CF82E4F.jpeg I done 2 different 3.5g flower runs first was 0.95g and second was 0.90g so 1.85g,  my bad for rounding up. 

I did press it for abit long I think like 3 mins each one ? 

photo of rosin was weighing up at 0.70 

• Like 4

Welcome aboard @Miichaell93 

Nice! I get similar results from my kp1 

There's a lot of options for vaping the rosin now

I don't do vape liquid (chemicals) and prefer load as you go style things like the Quartz Quest or to use ecig vape cotton in the bowl of my weed vapes (and put the rosin in the cotton), on the go. 

On the bong, I've not got a terp slurper yet but it's on my to do list as reports sound good. A quartz banger and a torch are a good place to start, and a lil cheaper. Or you could get a an enail coil and controller setup for more consistent temps but that'll cost you a bit more.

Or there's loads of all in one erig things like the Puffco peaks and Daab 

And dab straws, honey straws and nectar collectors ....

Or just go old skool and get the hot knives out lol

Ideally you want to avoid anything where the rosin touches the element, and devices that only use wattage control to control the temp - as it's all too easy to scorch the rosin and for them to chaz up and taste foul 

• Like 2

Nice looking dabs geez, I keep thinking about having a go at making some rosin with my 5 tonne bearing press, it has these nice thick steel plates I could heat with a torch and use a IR thermometer to ge the temps dialled in. Super low Tek, but I'm sure it would work. 

My little Coil King AIO is a brilliant bit of kit for the money, think it was about 30 quid. It's not the best of the best by a long shot, but with some nice clean extract it hits very well and you can use it with a 10mm bong/bubbler. Super discreet for when you're out and about as well. 

• Like 3

Thank you for the suggestions I’ve got abit of research to do now, 

I bought a small glass pipe with a bowl and needle from my local head shop, was only £20. Its a decent little thing can be a bit fiddly tho, my first dab I coughed so bad haha
would it be smoother from a proper rig ? 

im leaning towards a electric one just for ease of use atm. 

MindSoup you should definitely give it a go, the smell and taste from that wax is so pure and good. 
the only downside I’ve found so far is the rosin is so bloody sticky and a pain to work with haha 

I can’t wait to get a proper rig and see how it smokes 

• Like 1

Yeah mate I think I will at some point, like you say it's next level in terms of the hit and the flavour, even if you just use some hair straighteners. You can always keep it in the fridge, that way it sets and you can snap pieces off and get them in the banger before they go soft. 

I'd definitely recommend something electric if you have the budget, torches absolutely rinse butane and if you're clumsy like me you'll end up with blisters on your hands lol

• Like 3

Yeah it definitely is, I’m going to press some of my mates ‘cali’ for him be interesting how that turns out. 

I’ve now popped mine in the fridge because I’ve left it on the paper and looks like it will be a nightmare to move now haha 

yeah I’m definitely going to get a electric one just got to do some searching but I will update once I do