Water Distiller Leaking

grooving

I use a water distiller under a powerful vent hood to reduce alcohol when making small batches of tincture, but a couple of months ago mine started leaking alcohol into the body of the mega home which isn’t too safe I’d imagine. :wassnnme: So in the market for something new or just replace my megahome distiller.  Anyone use something similar or can suggest an alternative?

I'd take it apart and see if it's just an O ring that needs replacing, an O ring will probably cost you about 50p. :)   

• Like 1

Should you be using alcohol in a water distiller? It's probably the alcohol which has damaged the seals, I'd pull it to pieces and replace all the seals with a set which are alcohol and heat friendly, they're orange iirc. Try your local hydraulics supplier, just take in the old seals and they'll match you up a set.  

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 1

I too am in the market for a reclaiming distiller, you can get electric distillers for alcohol use that operate at a lower temperature  @greywolf recommended one to me the other day but I can’t find it now

I think that same company produce one that you can use sea water on too lol 

theirs a company on river site that you can set temp on but i’m not sure of the company or their products

sorry, not much help lol 

• Like 1

@Saddam Errr yes you are correct, strictly speaking :wassnnme: it shouldn’t be used for alcohol so lovely idea for a hack with the more appropriate seals.  Always been extra vigilant using it because of my off menu use so to speak. :cowboy:

Nice one @Graywolf

• Like 3