Noticed a few thrips just a few days before 3rd week flower

Bricky

Hi all I’ve noticed a few thrips I’m 3 days away from the 3rd week off flower I’m wondering if anyones used Athena ipm at this stage it says on the website good for up to the 5th week off flower does anyone have any other insight 

never used it but ive tried raid fly killer in the past...what a daft fuka i was,tbh ime...ya fuked they live like the cockroach hardy bastards,good luck with ya med`s....:doh:    i had them once took me several grows to rid the lavae :beer:

+ they made me itch like fuk. zipping about the chamber like summit outta flash gordon 1967 lol  and they shit on ya buds to filthy fukas. ach-y-fi.     goood luck. :beer:

• Like 1

Personally I'd put up some sticky traps, and pull off the bottom leaves that as they get infested flush them down the toilet, turn down the temps and turn up the air movers / fans to gale force, I'd rather smoke thrips (shit n all lol) than any residue from spraying them, smoke bomb the grow room when its empty, spray the fuck out the mothers and clean the pots spotless, hopefully they'll be gone, there little twats to get rid of permanently.

Spinosad maybe,or wash leaves and stem with sponge and neem oil solution,drench top few top cm of compo as well. Avoid getting it on buds

You can use Spinosad at this stage, there was a guy selling on Ebay but they seem to have cracked down on pesticides on there.  If you want his details PM me, or look for Monterey Garden insect spray on AZ.  

Contrary to the first replies you had here, thrips aren't difficult to get rid of at all. Give your plants a root drench and then thoroughly spray with Spinosad and they'll be gone in a single application.  

Edited by sn00py

• 5 months later...