When to switch on Autopots?

Bobcharlieeeee

@CDF20 I started in 0.5l pots then transplanted into autopots on day 10, then hand watered for about a week or so before switching the pots on. i used fabric pots on my first two soil grows and if im honest i didnt get on with them. This was hand watered soil and not coco however 

i didnt buffer the coco when i transplanted, which i think has caused issues. Im not convinced they are growing as much as they could and getting some deficiency's popping up 

Edited by Bobcharlieeeee

17 minutes ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

i didnt buffer the coco when i transplanted

What brand you use? I am growing in Ecothrive COCO PRO 100% coco. No need to buffer and my girls loves it. 

@CDF20 Im using Canna terra, it says its meant to be buffered to 0.6ec straight out the pack, but apparently they dont buffer it properly. 

even if it was buffered to 0.6ec, i was feeding about 1.1ec at the time of transplant, so i have to buffer it up to 1.1ec? 

are you in soft water or hardwater? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

@CDF20 Im using Canna terra, it says its meant to be buffered to 0.6ec straight out the pack, but apparently they dont buffer it properly. 

even if it was buffered to 0.6ec, i was feeding about 1.1ec at the time of transplant, so i have to buffer it up to 1.1ec? 

are you in soft water or hardwater? 

Sorry mate can't help with EC as I am growing with KISS method and use a feeding schedule as a guide and see the plant not EC/pH meters. My water is between soft and hard so I can use either nutes ... At least Growers Ark suggested this to me after testing my water sample. 

I use only canna A and B. Starting from 2.2ml per litre in veg and upping up to 3.3 l per litre in flower then dropping up to 2ml per litre in late flower. No idea my EC but plants are thriving and this is what I am care about.

What nutes you use? Whats your water?

28 minutes ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

@CDF20 Im using Growers ark hardwater nutes, and also 0.15g of epsom as GA recomends, i had my water tested by them. 

Seen a lot of good grows with GA and their customer service is spot on ... Well at least I got all my questions answered in time. 

Do you have a diary by any chance? 

@CDF20 thats why iv gone with them, very good service, this grow despite my cock ups is still looking better than my previous 2 soil grows using Biobizz

No diary yet, i want to get my first coco run out the way with before i embarrass myself on here lol

1 hour ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

Canna terr

This is there soil not coco. The coco is either canna natural ( not as heavily buffered ) or professional which is ready to use straight out the bag ( this is what I use straight out the bag ). 

2 hours ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

I started in 0.5l pots then transplanted into autopots on day 10, then hand watered for about a week or so before switching the pots on

This is what is probably causing your problems, no way they've rooted out 15l pots in a week from 0.5l before the pots have been turned on. 

• Like 1