Medicinal isn't for everyone

rolio

1 hour ago, blerie420 said:

@twigs weve had this convo mate

just giving you some history and science info dude, make of it what you will :stoned: 

13 hours ago, mrrichiet said:

Weed has changed considerably over the last 30 years so I don't think these are valid statements.

I don't believe this at all. Weed will have been selectively grown for hundreds of years in its native areas. And suddenly some pot heads in California changed it 'considerably'?  I believe weed in the 60s and 70s was up to 15%. 80s, up to 20% or more which is directly compatible to most of today's. Plus, in the 80s I smoked concentrate anyhow. And if people want to say different, they need actual lab analysis of typical strains from those years - not guesswork or models.

People cherry pick the data. A study in Europe in 2004 debunked myths that cannabis had got ten times stronger in ten years. UK joints contained the same amount of THC over 20yrs. They do say that is weed was shit until the 2000s when it started to catch up with Europe. Etc etc etc.

The difference now is synthetics, not the plant.

• Like 3

apparently (i wasn’t there) some south american strains would send you on a trip man and when that early culture was in full swing acid was legal lol 

the best pot, acid and living on a beach in early california, surf trips to mexico etc.. what a dream and no psychosiseses lol 

bummer lol 

• Like 2

That's  half the trouble with the game, people are so desperate  to seem they know what their  chatting  about they'll  spout  and repeat any old shite, even if they weren't  about and have no clue if it's true or not.

And we wonder why theres so much shite spouted in this game lol

That's  why i dont get involved  with the haze debates and such, i  wasn't there, how would i know facts about anything if i wasnt even alive? 

Its just parroting and adding to bullshit if you weren't there  as far as im concerned and I'd rather not do that, bullshit and good stories helps nobody.

But ,  I was there from the very early blow up of  of the weed scene in the uk, the shit i read people post is so laughable  at times aye lol

But hey,.lets not let facts get in the way of a good story is the way  these days isn't it lol

:yinyang:

• Like 5

@HazyDaze everyone wants to feel important I guess lol

Once you get past the fact the strains of yesteryear are gone in one sense or another, it makes it easier to renew that excitement for it ime. I spent most of the first part of my grow career hunting the cheeses and hazes that made my teens only to be disappointed...cut to two years ago finding a real box ticker in some blackberry gum seeds and doing my utmost to keep it in circulation.

I made the time to listen to the vid.  I wouldn't recommend it.

American academia may be streets ahead of uk academia, but it is still banal. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Simple Jack said:

I made the time to listen to the vid.  I wouldn't recommend it.

American academia may be streets ahead of uk academia, but it is still banal. 

American academia streets ahead of UK?

I take it all back: that is some 'considerably stronger' shit you are smoking, lol.

Thanks for watching the vid though.

;)

• Like 2

not knocking the dude or his videos but after 5mins looking into him online it would be ignorant to omit he’s linked to a company selling ‘health supplements’ and has been shown to broadcast more favorable, some say ‘dangerous’ research regarding this, cherry picking from old data and disregarding more modern research etc and has amassed quite a few million lol 

not saying the credentials aren’t there but i’m more interested in the motives..

• Like 2

@twigs I appreciate that for sure, always follow the money trail and you'll end up with some idea of what's what. 

From listening to it though, it never promotes his own brand or the huberman club (during the podcast, I didnt listen to the 14 mins of adverts at the start). 

It seemed he was going over lots of new information not cherry picking, it was both positive and negative. 

Some of the information I think would help the argument against people who just will not look past cannabis as a 'drug'. There's real provable science behind it's mechanism for working for lots of conditions, but it also helps to know the actual ways in which it can effect people negatively so we can use that against anyone who claims it's the devil's lettuce. 

I'm all up for some more peer reviewed research if you can chuck some this way! 

• Like 2

Very few Internet advisory videos are done with pure motives. Society rewards promotion not truth. Sell hard enough with just enough fact to be believed briefly and most will take them at face value. It's funny because as long as they harp on about familiar anecdotes that fit their promotional angle they simply allow pre existing bias/doubt to take over and bingo, sale complete. 

It's hard for some to accept that some people are simply more susceptible to things than others. That does not make those things inherently bad. It means individuals must make good decisions, it does not mean society should react legislatively for such things. When individuals accept its their body ergo their responsibility perhaps progress can be made without demonising something that for many is in fact a blessing. 

• Like 5