Medicinal isn't for everyone

rolio

I listened to this at work the other day. It has some good info on why some people get anxiety relief and why it causes anxiety. 

It also delves into why long term usage can start off helping the anxiety and over time will make it worse. 

It's a really good objective view of the science available at the minute.. and a lot of people who are in denial that cannabis CAN have negative effects should really learn the mechanisms in the brain it works on. 

It would be foolish to dismiss the negative aspects, it doesn't help the cause. 

https://youtu.be/gXvuJu1kt48

• Like 5

there is a lot of understandable focus on the benefits for mental health.

however, there are also a lot of medical conditions that also benefit from cannabis and in much smaller doses that dont lead to anxiety=ty etc.

there is also no question in my book that many people with mental health conditions are predisposed to anxiety as part of that condition. this leads to deliberate mis reporting.

• Like 1

Sorry, I also wasn't very clear in my description of the podcast, I focused on the anxiety bit because that's what I see most around me amongst friends etc. 

There's also a lot of good information regarding it's other healing properties for other conditions. 

He also talks about the cannabinoid receptors and how they're used for endogenous cannabinoids and absolutely blasting them by using THC/CBD isn't great long term for some people - and explains it well. 

It has lots of really good info overall that comes from research that's not biased as far as I can tell

• Like 2

I’m not going to briefly dismiss any discussions which ultimately lead to finances being funneled towards mental health organizations lol 

but people also have to understand that the whole ‘weed and mental health’ ‘thing’ ONLY reared it’s head after well over 25,000 years daily use with no negative effects and when politicians and business men ‘invented’ cannabis propaganda as a tool to use against foreigners, blacks, a tool of oppression against anything that they didn’t like at the time

the American Medical Association of Dr’s fought against the new laws and propaganda because of cannabis’s unbeaten safety record and uses.

it’s was only when the government started arresting and jailing Dr’s and taking away their medical licenses that they became silent..

cannabis was prescribed legally for mental conditions and anxiety for almost 100 years with no negative reactions because it was safe and effective. 

just imagine that for a second..

100 years general use medically, with no reported negative associations lol 

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, twigs said:

I’m not going to briefly dismiss any discussions which ultimately lead to finances being funneled towards mental health organizations lol 

but people also have to understand that the whole ‘weed and mental health’ ‘thing’ ONLY reared it’s head after well over 25,000 years daily use with no negative effects and when politicians and business men ‘invented’ cannabis propaganda as a tool to use against foreigners, blacks, a tool of oppression against anything that they didn’t like at the time

the American Medical Association of Dr’s fought against the new laws and propaganda because of cannabis’s unbeaten safety record and uses.

it’s was only when the government started arresting and jailing Dr’s and taking away their medical licenses that they became silent..

cannabis was prescribed legally for mental conditions and anxiety for almost 100 years with no negative reactions because it was safe and effective. 

just imagine that for a second..

100 years general use medically, with no reported negative associations lol 

abso bastard lutely. bang on.

• Like 6

Well now it's being properly researched without funding by big pharma I think it's much better to listen to the new science on the topic rather than having the blinders on. It's all relatively new information 

You can't say weed causes no issues for anyone ever and it's all the individual, not the weed. The science doesn't care about opinions. 

I think I don't have to say it but I will.. I am fully 100% behind the use of cannabis in whatever way it helps someone.

• Like 5

it only costs you $1500 to join his huberman club!

it’s content to bring in revenue so it’s in his best interest to be ‘controversial’

its promotional content for revenue

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rolio said:

Well, I found it interesting lol always good to see both sides to a debate/argument/viewpoint 

I've watched a few of his vids, I posted one about cannabis and sleep. very interesting study into cbd, low levels of cbd actually have a wakening effect, its only the higher doses that help can help with sleep.

another interesting study was about the anxiety that a toker being told they can't smoke for a week causes which proves some level of addiction be it physical or mental.

don't worry bud, I'm with ya, many aren't but who gives a fuck, I tend to scroll past all the nonsense, bores the fuck out of me plus I ignore any quoting of my posts as I know 90% of the time it's biased one sided opinions of the same crap. I dont bother these days, I know the effects it can cause, if people smoked the same amount every day ive been doing they may experience the same but then you don't get much weed on a hobby grow, 2 kg a pop gives me an excess to blaze blunts all day long but ill tell ya, i fucking suffered for it. I can tell you 1 thing for sure, I'm 6 days abstinent and feel great although I'm slightly short tempered and would happily smash the fuck out of any fucker, especially those deliveroo moped cunts, blew up at some bint earlier because she tried getting infront, impatient prick

lol

there ..... got it off my chest lol

• Like 3

also nearly 3000 comments of pretty much the same thing.... been struggling with my usage, glad I could quit, best decision I made... has to stand for something,  don't so be fucking blind

• Like 2

15 hours ago, rolio said:

and a lot of people who are in denial that cannabis CAN have negative effects should really learn the mechanisms in the brain it works on. 

9 hours ago, rolio said:

You can't say weed causes no issues for anyone ever and it's all the individual, not the weed.

17 hours ago, rolio said:

It would be foolish to dismiss the negative aspects, it doesn't help the cause. 

Thing is @Rolio, have you ever met anyone who denies weed cannot have any ill effects? , have you ever come across such views expressed by cannabis advocates in the media or on this site?

The "cannabis can do no harm" opinion haver is a straw man invented by prohibitionists. It is designed to frame the debate over reform as "is it harmful or not?". 

The real issue is not whether cannabis is harmful or not, but whether it is harmful enough to warrant general prohibition.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Simple Jack said:

The real issue is not whether cannabis is harmful or not, but whether it is harmful enough to warrant general prohibition.

Whilst I agree that's how the discussion is being framed, the truth is mmj provides a real alternative to very harmful yet profitable pharma products and that is the driver for prohibition. All the rest is divisionist tactics to keep the public debate (circle jerk) going ad infinitum 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, sweettooth said:

another interesting study was about the anxiety that a toker being told they can't smoke for a week causes which proves some level of addiction be it physical or mental.

if people smoked the same amount every day ive been doing they may experience the same

for the record you can’t get ‘physically’ addicted to weed, it’s far less addictive than say, coffee or sugar, your body doesn’t actually see it as a physically addictive substance

it was your repetitive life style that was causing issues, you would have the same effect/out come if you didn’t stop, eating food or drinking water or exercising for instance, but the out come to those would be fatal! (not so with weed)

weed is literally the safest thing you can put in your body every day

‘everything’ used excessively in a ‘mental addiction’ situation, can cause some kind of health issue.

we need water to stay alive and healthy but if you drink a bit to much water it can be fatal, not so with cannabis, you fall asleep, then wake up and carry on as normal..

if you experience a negative from cannabis use, prolonged or acute, this is usually down to phytocannabinod difference in the ‘strains’ of cannabis, because their are many different strains of cannabis you can find a cannabinoid profile that your body uses in a better way, this also changes as your body naturally changes your endocannabinoid system

all this time, still being the most non toxic thing you can put in your body as you experiment with what cannabinods your body needs :) 

there is not just one type of ‘cannabis’ like there is not one type of ‘person’

it’s been done, everything you think about cannabis use, medical, recreational, spiritual use has been done before our time with cannabis, to the point of sitting people in barrels of tinctures and letting them wonder in to the desert or trying to kill mammals it’s been done over and over again, it’s written in 1000’s of years of our history 

out relationship with the plant has been eternal, there are pictures of the plant in caves, in art and writings in all civilizations across the globe, the profound effect to how we used this plant is inescapable 

but only now, more specifically since the imagination of the people that wrote the ‘marijuana’ (made up word to demonise the plant) ‘propaganda’ story in the 30’s - we have a problem with our relationship with a non toxic plant lol 

really? like really really? lol 

:yinyang:

• Like 3

21 hours ago, twigs said:

cannabis was prescribed legally for mental conditions and anxiety for almost 100 years with no negative reactions because it was safe and effective

100 years general use medically, with no reported negative associations

Weed has changed considerably over the last 30 years so I don't think these are valid statements.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mrrichiet said:

Weed has changed considerably over the last 30 years so I don't think these are valid statements.

the propaganda started in the 30’s dude

have the rates of psychosis gone up?

people have smoked hash 1000’s of years longer than we’ve had ‘skunk’ lol 

your body dumps cannabinods it doesn’t use

Edited by twigs
30’s
  • Like 2