Week 6 flower. 30c @ 45% RH or 25c @ 60% RH?

Tsoi

Ive got a 60x60 running in a room with a 240w LED at week 6 flower.

My only problem is if I turn my dehumidifer to run overnight (lights on time) my canopy temperature in my tent rises to 29-30c while my RH is around 45-50. 

Plants dont seem to care too much but I heard 24c is ideal. Had some leaves curling when I turned the lights up during late veg / early flower but now it seems they dont really care. 

However if I turn my dehumidifer off the RH rises to around 60-70 but the temps are more managable around 25-28c.

I also could turn down my LED as it is slightly overkill for the size but do you think it will do more harm than good?

Thoughts?

Next run im buying a portable AC and adding a T junction to my ducting so I can dehumidify/cool the room at the same time. However I will have to do that next run. Until then, give me your best advice.

same boat, I'd rather have the lower RH

I'm week 7 and colas getting bigger. if I turn off dehumidifier,  temps drop to low 27s as I'm not heating, I'm letting the dehumidifier provide that.

I've also ran with the concept that plants under led prefer temps between 30 and 32 but have seen some great plants grown at 27, think as long as your vpd is within range, anywhere from 27 to 31 is ideal. just need the RH lower

was going to ask if you have the option of a remote driver for your light but doubt it'll make much difference as the heat from the dehumidifier will just increase.

some people use a lung room, you could place the dehumidifier in one box/tent and pull your air from that, at least it will be warm and dry.... an option 

Personally I wouldn't like to settle for either option, too hot and you'll cook off your terps, too humid and you could lose the lot, so personally I would be looking for some improvements, upping your extraction is always a good way to keep things cooler.

240 watts is about 100 watts more than you need in a tent that size, your well into the realms of diminishing returns so could definitely afford to turn the light down with no I'll effects (might actually be beneficial). Your best bet is to find a way to measure your light intensity and keep it around the 750ppfd mark, you can go higher but generally speaking 750 will give you the best bang for your buck, I have in fact seen people report higher yields at 750-800 than 1000. 

• Like 2

I'd keep it at 29 if plants look good, get the light up a bit if it's to hot at plant level,small fan directed at light might help as well.

Just my 2p

5 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Personally I wouldn't like to settle for either option, too hot and you'll cook off your terps, too humid and you could lose the lot, so personally I would be looking for some improvements, upping your extraction is always a good way to keep things cooler.

240 watts is about 100 watts more than you need in a tent that size, your well into the realms of diminishing returns so could definitely afford to turn the light down with no I'll effects (might actually be beneficial). Your best bet is to find a way to measure your light intensity and keep it around the 750ppfd mark, you can go higher but generally speaking 750 will give you the best bang for your buck, I have in fact seen people report higher yields at 750-800 than 1000. 

Yeah ive seen guys pull off 300+ grams with a 300 watt LED so I was going for smth similar, shouldve thought about AC first tho.

@Tsoi  you shouldn't need AC in a tent that size. what size dehumidifier are you running? when i had my 1x2x2m I was using a 12L unit. how warm is the room the tent is in? as mindsoup says, drop the wattage and you'll probably find the heat sorts itself out. is the unit inside your tent or in the room that the tent is in?

Edited by sweettooth

1 hour ago, Tsoi said:

Yeah ive seen guys pull off 300+ grams with a 300 watt LED so I was going for smth similar, shouldve thought about AC first tho.

A 300 watt in a 60x60? That would be absolute madness lol. I've not even seen a 300 that would fit. Or do you mean a 300 in a bigger tent? It's not all about packing in the watts, too much light is as bad as not enough. 

Edited by MindSoup