Hit and hope

kc stoner

Hi what do you think about these finishing to make seeds. If they start to rot I'm guesing the seeds will too? male started dropping maybe 3 or 4weeks ago. Lat 55 rickety old greenhouse large.Screenshot9_Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot1Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot0221_Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot_2allery.jpglarge.Screenshot_20_Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot_Gallery.jpg

Edited by kc stoner
  • Like 4

yes if buds rot....seeds rot too....

but dont thinks so....its indoor for you...

shake the male above your girls... :) 

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 2

Have they started to rot or you just worried they might in a few weeks? 

Look good at the min, nice male too mate. 

What's ya got cooking? 

• Like 1

Poetic lol thanks yeah I've pollinated them ages ago maybe 3 or 4 weeks from as soon as possible. I've left the male in to deter rippers really I originally only had the male in there  to harvest the pollen but then chucked some spare clones in cos why not. 

Just wondering if anymore experience eyes would be able to guess when if they may finish. I've made seeds a few times before and I've used this pollen elsewhere aswell this is just an experiment really 

Thanks for reply @DutchFox

Edited by kc stoner

Just now, Welsh Tom said:

Have they started to rot or you just worried they might in a few weeks? 

Look good at the min, nice male too mate. 

What's ya got cooking? 

Just worried they might do cos there 3 or 4 weeks off seed maturity I'm guesing? But I've not made seeds outside before 

• Like 1

Blood orange sorbet

noname ( havent flowered before)

lemon (unknown genetics ) 

critical kush 

Is in the greenhouse @Welsh Tom

Thanks for reply 

Edited by kc stoner
Male is cherry white by mosca seeds

3 minutes ago, kc stoner said:

Just worried they might do cos there 3 or 4 weeks off seed maturity I'm guesing? But I've not made seeds outside before 

keep looking at the girls....even 80% of the green seeds will germinate.....you will see the dark brown seeds fall out...

keep looking at your humidity meter....and water in the morning...just a bit...

• Like 2

Might be an issue if the weather is shite, just have to keep an eye on them I suppose. Might get away with it in a green house. They look sweet at the min.

I got a few small seeded plants outside myself. Wondering the same thing. 

Had a few rainy days & saw a few spots of mildew but looking OK now. 

Nice selection man, fingers crossed they all make it across the line. @kc stoner

• Like 2

I know thanks mate I dont need to have to set up the gavitas outdoors like a memebe a while back  neighbours will think I have a 5 aside pitch

I've just used the male to do everything mentioned above indoors plus a blues f2 I made and another nomames I'm yet to flower 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DutchFox said:

keep looking at the girls....even 80% of the green seeds will germinate.....you will see the dark brown seeds fall out...

keep looking at your humidity meter....and water in the morning...just a bit...

Thanks mate I've normally just ate the odd coloured ones. 80 % is reassuring I'm guessing the nonmaes will never finish but hoped I could get seeds from them all. I've harvested the lemon at 7 weeks indoors so hoping that's a winner at least. No humidity meter in there I'm rarely watering now was at night for the smell makes sense in the morning I'll do that probs only 2 more waters anyway 

• 2 weeks later...

large.Screenshot_20221023-204416_Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot_20221023-204410_Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot_20221023-204401_Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot_20221023-204340_Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot_20221023-204325_Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot_20221023-204316_Gallery.jpgStill rocking on with these. Sufferend the first signs of PM and the dreaded rot on a branch of blood orange sorbet yeaterday so removed it and removed alot of leaves from all the plants. 

Chopped the male. He did his job every single calx on this plant is pollinated. and  generally tidied the area to try and give them the best chance 

dont want to count my chickens but this critical kush is looking the most promising to actually harvest some seeds from. 

Edited by kc stoner
  • Like 4