Iceberg Ahead!

latitude54

I’ve not checked the girls yet this morning but there’s a definite layer of ice on everything out there!! 

what does frost mean for my outdoor girls? Do I need to get them down sharpish or will they be ok? 

EDIT

I’ve just checked the plants and they seem ok. The forecast for today is 11C and cloudy. Then rain and 14-15C the rest of the week. 

Edited by latitude54

Wo frost already, I've never had to deal with it myself but I wouldn't have thought it will do the buds any good. Hopefully someone from further north will have some definitive information. 

I’m up at lat 54 - 55. My experience is that a light frost doesn’t seem to be a bother to most outdoor strains, especially if plants are in the ground (higher soil temps / water being pulled up by the plants), harder frosts however are a different matter and I’ve had done buds go dark coloured and shrivelled looking. Also, being frozen appears to weaken their mold resistance and general will to carry on finishing, though frosts that bad are quite unlikely even up here. I wouldn’t worry too much, just keep an eye on them if you can. 

Edited by Clean Green
  • Like 3

@Clean Green Thanks. They're sheltered which seems to have protected them quite well on this occasion. But I'm going to be getting very paranoid over the coming week or two.

I really want to leave them a little longer but I cant help feeling I'm starting to push my luck. 

• Like 2