Home Secretary Suella Braverman considers upgrading cannabis to class A amid concerns over evidence linking it to psychosis, cancer and birth defects

bongme

just more wah wah to distract from real time events happening ....look here ...not there ...get everyone chinwagging about non important tales ,we now know ..what they knew all along ..smokers of herb cannot be easily swayed by the programming techniques they always revert to ..

bunch of wank rolled up in a shitty sock ..just as relevant imho .

• Like 13

I'd like to see a remake of The Triffids, only with giant man-eating cannabis plants. The movie's pinnacle would be Parliament being overrun, politicians having their skin dissolved and being slowly digested. That'll warrant a class A for sure.

• Like 3

The ugly turtle faced fat arsed bitch lol    No offence like lol        

So .. its ok for the Gov to grow copious quantities of so called special medical grade ganja  ... having seen pics of some of it ... not very special looking ,     but its ok for them to cultivate and sell for a huge profit   !!!      

I grow for my own medicinal purposes as couldnt & wouldnt get a gov issued canna card and im a criminal !!!   

They can all fuck right off :yep:     

Take their antiquated archaic outdated misguided and frankly often hilarious stance on our fine plants .... do what they will with the legal standards & position of criminality on cultivation ... and i shall just ignore the fuckers as normal.

Keep calm & carry on regardless :B):

• Like 14

I just found out that a small percentage of our population are at risk of dying if they eat peanuts. I demand the immediate banning of all peanuts from the U.K. I declare war on peanuts.

I call for a ban on dihydrogen monoxide. inhaling even a small amount can lead to death

,in its solid forum it may cause severe tissue damage,and in its gasses state can cause severe burns.It causes metal to corrode and is a major compound found in acid rain,and thats before we get onto it use as an industrial lubricant and coolant.Its also often found in raw sewage. Will the goverbent listen?.Nope,but there happy to take a cut in the money made from selling and distributing it.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Themadhippy said:

I call for a ban on dihydrogen monoxide. inhaling even a small amount can lead to death

,in its solid forum it may cause severe tissue damage,and in its gasses state can cause severe burns.It causes metal to corrode and is a major compound found in acid rain,and thats before we get onto it use as an industrial lubricant and coolant.Its also often found in raw sewage. Will the goverbent listen?.Nope,but there happy to take a cut in the money made from selling and distributing it.

I would rather just call for a ban on the bullshit the politicians spout ... world would be a much better & quieter place for it :yep:

• Like 6

Drug test every person who enters parliament at least 4 times per year and randomly. Change the way we try anyone caught - They should not appear in court and have no name just a case number and any facts relevant to the case. Represented by solicitors etc as per usual.....That way any justice will be blind. If you are a person from a "bad neighbourhood" you would then get exactly the same treatment as if you were a MP. Such a simple thing could end all sorts of injustices such as "they look guilty" etc.

Lets ave it real. If we are going to have these shite laws make justice blind. 

• Like 7

Eughhh. You can smell it everywhere you go in public... It sticks to your clothes... The people using it are blinded by their love for it and dont see the problems (fucking drug addicts)... Disgusting... it makes me feel sick whenever I get a whiff of it.... Horrible people.... 

God damn nasty coffee abusers dont deserve to live... and they drink the drug around their kids... Call the cps... put em all in jail the fucking criminal scum..... Lock em all up....

Edited by ritchtbiscuit
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, ritchtbiscuit said:

Eughhh. You can smell it everywhere you go in public... It sticks to your clothes... The people using it are blinded by their love for it and dont see the problems (fucking drug addicts)... Disgusting... it makes me feel sick whenever I get a whiff of it.... Horrible people.... 

God damn nasty coffee abusers dont deserve to live... and they drink the drug around their kids... Call the cps... put em all in jail the fucking criminal scum..... Lock em all up....

lol

You see them every day, the caffeine addicts with their massive travel mugs of coffee.

Or their cans of 'energy drink'.

Like pissheads with 3 litre bottles of white cider.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 5

hi

Wee add On....

Why the UK should legalise cannabis

Prohibition does more harm than the drug itself.

The New Statesman

By David Nutt

he serious criminalisation of cannabis users in the started as a result of Richard Nixon being elected US president in 1968 and then perpetrating his “war on drugs”. The rest of the world followed suit, with the UK doing so in part, many would argue, because of antipathy to the growing Caribbean population, many of whom used cannabis. Now the US has reversed its policy. Almost half of Americans have legal access to recreational cannabis and Joe Biden, the president, has now pardoned thousands of people convicted of cannabis possession.

In the UK we seem to want to go backwards. We have calls from Conservative police commissioners to make cannabis a Class A drug with enhanced sentences. Suella Braverman, our new Home Secretary, seems to support this approach and still to believe the long-discredited rhetoric of serious harms from cannabis use. Both parties appear ignorant of the overwhelming evidence that policies of prohibition and criminalisation cause much more harm than cannabis itself does, as well as being much more expensive. Hopefully once the cost burden of this regressive proposal becomes apparent its supporters will U-turn like the Chancellor did on tax cuts.

The way forward is surely to legalise recreational cannabis in the form of a regulated market. This could take the form of special shops that only sell cannabis products – perhaps even with smoking areas, as exist in the Dutch coffee shop model.

The advantages of legalisation are manifold. First, purchasers know what they are getting and can get advice on type strength and method of taking it from experienced registered sellers. This separates the purchaser from the street market with its uncertain levels of active ingredients and possible contaminants. Thresholds for d9THC (the active ingredient that gets users stoned) can be set, probably at about 15 per cent total content, to reduce the risk of acute accidental excessive intoxication with possible anxiety and paranoia.

Further, it could be required that all sold products contain cannabidiol, the other main ingredient in the cannabis plant, which we now know acts as a protective element against some of the worst effects of strong d9THC and can mitigate the risk of psychosis and dependence. Currently, for predictable reasons, about 95 per cent of all illegal street-sourced recreational cannabis maximises d9THC and so has no cannabidiol. Most experts who used to believe cannabis caused schizophrenia now agree that this risk – if it exists at all – is only present in strong d9THC variants that are devoid of cannabidiol

Experience in states in the US where cannabis is legal has shown that, paradoxically, use in young people may reduce after legalisation. This is probably because of the need to show evidence of age to purchase, which the street dealer certainly doesn’t require.

And if these huge harm reduction benefits are not enough there is the value to the Exchequer of taxing cannabis sales. These could be in the region of several billion pounds within a couple of years, and probably more later as the recreational use of cannabis becomes more accepted.

https://www.newstatesman.com/quickfire/2022/10/why-the-uk-should-legalise-cannabis

Bongme

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bongme said:

Currently, for predictable reasons, about 95 per cent of all illegal street-sourced recreational cannabis maximises d9THC and so has no cannabidiol. 

It makes me sad that one of our greatest advocates believes that cannabis breeding is driven by the interests of commercial growers and dealers.

Edited by latigid aikon
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, bongme said:

Most experts who used to believe cannabis caused schizophrenia now agree that this risk – if it exists at all – is only present in strong d9THC variants that are devoid of cannabidiol

lol  fucking hell! brilliant!  (bollox because the rates of illness has never gone up, but still brilliant!)

they can’t even work out if the thing most use in the properganda against cannabis use and the criminalising of peaceful law abiding citizens..is real or not!?! lollol 

there it is in black and white, the closest we’ll get to a mitigation of evidence regarding the myth of ‘Skunk psychosis” lol 

• Like 4

I disagree with prof Barnes on a couple of points but nice to hear some sense being spoken

Stop 11,000 men and 29,000 women taking cannabis to stop 1 case of psychosis.

well that kind of puts it into perspective lol

• Like 4