Dehumidifier setting

Darknight420710

Hi all

I bought a 2nd hand dehumidifier "essentials" which I think is curry's brand.

The settings has 4 different modes 40% 50% 60% cont

What is the 40% .. does that mean remove 40% moisture from the air and is it the same for 60% so if I had it set at 60% sitting right on the outside of my grow tent in a closet, will it reduce hunidty in tent to 40% 

I've used it the last 2 nights when lights out and it taking moisture as the bucket nearly full in the morning but humidity isn't really being lowered inside tent

I'm baffled lol

Edited by Darknight420710

Hello mate.
I usually keep my dehumidifier set to 50% in the lung room. That means the machine is aiming to get the room to 50% humidity ,in turn the groom stays high 50’s low 60s depending on outside and how recently iv watered the girls.

So 40% 50% 60% are all target for the machine to bring the rooms RH% down to.

when mines reaches 5% below the target % it switches off and periodically tests the air then switches back on when levels rise past the set %.
Later in flower I’ll put it on to run constantly to try keep the spikes and dips to a minimum . Hope this helps :yinyang:

• Like 1

Are people using the compressor-type or dessicant zeolite-based? I just got one of these zeolite ones, which had a third knocked off. Inventor Rise 8L Dessicant dehumidifier. Lifts the room temperature a few degrees as well. Consumption is 350w and 700w

• Like 1