First go at dry trimming

latitude54

My Cream Mandy Auto has been hanging in the shed for 2 weeks and still feels quite moist. So I figured that trimming some of the leaves might help things dry out. 

My Arthritis is playing up at the moment and It’s my first go at trimming. So by the 4th stem it was more of a hack job than fine art. lol

But apart from that and the wife screaming at me about the whole house stinking, I think I did ok??

large_cmc.jpglarge_cmb.jpglarge_cma.jpg

• Like 10

It’s never going to win any awards but fuck it! It’s good practice for when the big girls need trimming. 

one thing I have learned is that I need to take a load more off wet! There were so many leaves to clear off before getting to sugar leaves it was a nightmare in places. 

• Like 3

Good enough for jarring fella:yep:, not like you need to impress customers.

I find myself removing the last little bits of sugar leaves when I'm braking a bud up for the grinder.

Do you have any humidity/temperature things to put in the jars so you can keep an eye on the situation? Just incase they need airing out of the jars a couple of times.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 3

Cheers mate. 

No, I’ve not even got jars yet. lol  

was going to leave it another week hanging in the shed as stems are still a bit bendy with no snap to them. 

• Like 1

Nice one mate!! Need to try a few autos next year. 

I thought for a split second there was a bee nibbling your bud... well until I zoomed right in lollol 

• Like 2

Looks good does that mate :) I've just put mine into a jar a few days ago. The branches were somewhere between snap and bend, but I decided to jar as the flowers seemed well dry enough to me. I say flowers, it's mostly sugar leaves tbh lol 

• Like 1

This lot got put in a jar on Saturday morning and I've ordered a humidity/temperature probe to go in there too. 

0.91 ounce isn't very much for the effort thats gone into it but it's my first time. Still got the big girls in the garden ripening up nicely so there will definately be more jars required shortly. lol 

large_CM.jpg

• Like 5

@latitude54     Jarred & curing :yep:     Feels good !!!     Beats paying the dealer :B):     You know its well cooked , no chems and all by your own fair hands !

Its quite addictive this growing lark lol          Im sure the good lady will come around ... especially when you free up dealer money to buy her bee bits :yep:

Big question time  ...... Will you be playing next year !! ?????    lol  

Edited by OldFord
Spelling ...as usual
  • Like 4

75 RH @ 19C is quite high isn’t it? 

Do I just need to pop the top off for 10-15 mins a couple of times a day to bring that down? 

• Like 1

Just now, Military Grade said:

I would spread them out on a clean surface for 20mins each time to bring that RH down to the 58-62% mark :yep:

awesome! Just the advice I was looking for. Cheers. :) 

• Like 2