Pot size for 4 plants in a 4 x 4 Coco

Moonstone420

Hello all.

I have a very quick question about the Pot size for a one off coco grow.

My setup is below.

Tent size 4ft x 4ft

Light 600w Lumatek LED

Medium - Pure canna coco

Irrigation - once a day only 

Pot type - Plastic Pot

Just wondering with these parameters what you feel the best pot size is considering I will only be watering once a day. 

is 15 Litres per pot about right? Less? If it helps I would rather have a slightly bigger pot size in case a pump goes or something. 

Thanks for the help :)

3 minutes ago, thekingofobsolete said:

5 litre would be overkill imho i`d go 3 litre . :yep:

Surely 3 litres feeding once a day for 4 plants in a 4 x 4 is way to small. I was thinking minimum 8 litres, but 3 seems very small to me? 

• Like 2

Just now, Moonstone420 said:

Surely 3 litres feeding once a day for 4 plants in a 4 x 4 is way to small. I was thinking minimum 8 litres, but 3 seems very small to me? 

oh once a day watering in coco :unsure:  dope growing in coco need several feeds daily in coco especially come flowering tbh in that size room 5 ltr tom pots would be plenty imo.

heres 3 plants under 1 month from aero prop to 8 days in flower  now,these are 11 litre pots but my rooms bigger than yours.

day 1 potted up.

large.DSC_0077_copy_1200x2128.jpg

today 8 days flipped under a month old from ^^^^ that pic.

large.DSC_0063_copy_1304x2312.jpg

ya gotta treat husk growing like hydro bach ....hydro in a pot hand watering or not the dope needs a constant fresh supply of ferts regually. :headpain:  oh here we go now i started summit.  gotta dash emerdale farms gonna start soon. lol

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Owderb said:

Bang on mate

Owd

Cheers mate.

On day I might actually trust my own judgement as I seem to have it down to a certain extent, but thanks for confirming for me.

• 2 weeks later...

My general rule of thumb is that you want somewhere between 25-50L per M², divided between however many pots you have

If you're at the lower end of that you'll need more fertigations per day and if you're feeding less you'd go at the higher end. Just over a square M and once a day feed so yeah 60L sounds good to me. Could probably even go a bit smaller. Personally I'd go for maybe 12L as that would let you fill all four with a single 50L bag but 15 is a safer bet until you gauge how much theyre drinking per day, safer to be a bit too big than a bit too small if you're relying on hand feeds

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I'm using the fancy square fabric pots from GW to grow 4 plants in coco under a 600W HPS. They are sold as 11L pots but in reality I think it was 16L that went in to fill the pot, I use drippers to feed them and water every other day - almost in week 7 and the plants are looking great.

@Owderb In 15L pots would you water to 20% run off every day?

@dingo bingo

I would if they were drying quickly mate but every other day would do fine. For the last few years I treat coco like compost when it comes to watering but when I do water its always till a good run off

Owd

• Like 2