negative pressure

The Villan

Well I think I have sorted my heating solution out, time will tell :)

Another question is, I am not growing in a tent, so cant see the sides pulling in etc when negative pressure has been reached, I want to turn the extract down to keep as much heat in as possible, but how do I tell if the fan is doing the job intended for properly, at a lower setting ?

Cheers

Vill

as long as your outtake is higher than your intake , you'll always have negative pressure. if your intakes are passive, it'll still be negative. you'll know its negative when you try and open the door

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, The Villan said:

Well I think I have sorted my heating solution out, time will tell :)

Another question is, I am not growing in a tent, so cant see the sides pulling in etc when negative pressure has been reached, I want to turn the extract down to keep as much heat in as possible, but how do I tell if the fan is doing the job intended for properly, at a lower setting ?

Cheers

Vill

I grow in a walk in closet and utilise passive intakes and as @sweettooth has mentioned you can feel the resistance against the door when you open in. 

another thing is using smoke etc to make sure it’s pulling into the room as you’ll still get some pull through under the door itself. 

if you utilise a powered intake it could be worthwhile investing in a dual fan speed controller which will maintain that negative pressure point for you. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JonDaMon said:

if you utilise a powered intake it could be worthwhile investing in a dual fan speed controller which will maintain that negative pressure point for you. 

How does that work m8 ? I know what you mean,just wondering how it is implemented :)

2 minutes ago, The Villan said:

How does that work m8 ? I know what you mean,just wondering how it is implemented :)

some fans that have a dual in and outtake, like the g.a.s ac ec fan controller have an offset function that allows you to specify the % of negative pressure you want. for example, if you had a 6" on your in and your out, the controller will run your intake at a lower speed to your outtake so you have negative pressure

• Like 3

@sweettooth beat me to it @The Villan lol  

ultimately I wouldn’t be able to explain how it works lol  

I don’t delve too deeply into them but for example the SMS fan speed controller I use in my exhaust is a single fan controller. 

they make a dual which has settings on it and whatever program to run the motherboard to maintain negative pressure. lol  

• Like 1