LED help

Cakeyb

So long story short, I’m currently running an HPS 600w cheap as chips setup on my main tent. 1.2-1.2-2m tent. 

a cheap as chips led (eBay job claims 1000w) in my 60-90-1.6m tent 

I’m possibly looking to replace both lights.

I see our site sponsors have the lumii 720w led for £349. Does this light require a ballast? 

is there a good recommendation for the smaller tent? Sub £300 ideally. 

im currently running some auto flowers in soil. 

Hi mate

Firstly no. LEDs have there own driver. 

The site sponsor are great can't recommend them enuff. 

The lumii 720w would be more than enuff in your bigger tent. I'd say the Ats pro 300w or even the 200w in your small tent would be fine. I run the ats 300w in a 1x1x2m tent and it's really good. Had the same weight off as a 400hps and was my first run with it. Saved a fair amount on lectric too as only had the full 300w running the last 5 weeks of flower. There insanely bright. 

• Like 1

Par 240

I believe the ultra is out now.

Yea, LED is the way, painful to pay for but the benefits are too good not to take the plunge.

I used the site sponsor too, was so impressed I purchased a second set the following week.

• Like 1

@Cakeyb

LED lights require a driver, which comes with the kit. I can recommend the site sponsor and their PAR LED 240 is a fabulous piece of kit

• Like 1

Just now, Cakeyb said:

Thanks @Haze_smoker for the advice. It’s just a lot of outlay at once may do a staggered upgrade. 

Yeah man it is for sure I think I payed just over 300£ for the 300w ats but fuk it's worth it. There great... Just watch ur temps in veg as they need to be on the hot side of warm I had to switch back to halide for the veg this time they were not happy even with temps at 26/8c. Put the halide in and within a week they was looking great again and temps back down to 21c I can only put it down to temps not being high enuff but I had 2 125w tubs heaters in there and heat mat... it made no sense to me not to put the 250w halide back in a veg under that if there happy on it. 

• Like 1

@Haze_smoker yeah that’s my worry, given the setup is in the outhouse with little insulation the temp control during winter may require more thought if I switch to led. I’ve got a couple tube heaters and a small heat mat already 

As it goes the lower price of lumi is without ballast and is more with ballast. They use one that does both HID and led. 

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cakeyb said:

@Haze_smoker yeah that’s my worry, given the setup is in the outhouse with little insulation the temp control during winter may require more thought if I switch to led. I’ve got a couple tube heaters and a small heat mat already 

I grow in a cellar and I think this will be my last of the year unless I go back to hps but with lectric the price it is I think IL wait till march. 

1 hour ago, Arthur Mix said:

As it goes the lower price of lumi is without ballast and is more with ballast. They use one that does both HID and led. 

excuse my ignorance does this means it needs the ballast? 

@Cakeyb it’s on their  site as 349 without the ballast or 439.95 with the ballast . And unless you want a 349 light without power you’d need the one at 439.95 that comes with the Lumi ballast which irc does both led and hps but not at the same time lol 

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 3

I’d like to continue to grow during the winter if possible. 

wondering if it’s better to keep my HPS 600w going during the winter or upgrade to led and extra heating. Which is going to be kinder to my energy bill.