KlimaHeat Electric Grow Room Heaters

The Villan

I have just been in to measure up what my growing room size is. I have been bouncing off a few members and am grateful for all the answers, but I have been a bit of a numpty and not realised the actual size of the room I need to heat.

My room which is concrete block built and is not insulated apart from the standard flooring sheeting I used to build the grow room inside the Block built unit.

I cannot change this as it would arouse suspicion, so it is what it is.

The room is W 1.2 x L 2.4 H 2.0. I only use 1.2 x 1.2 to grow in, the extra 1.2 length is where I have to crawl into the room itself and where I crop and hang plants to dry etc. I do use a sheet of mylar to go across the room so that gives me the 1.2 x 1.2 actual grow space. I am using a 4 inch ruck fan with 4 inch filter and this is extracted from a 4 inch hole above the lights and to one side, but I am in the proceeds of upgrading to a EC fan and filter. Intake is a 4 inch hole which I have an inline fan set up for intake (at the moment it is off and just using passive. The intake and extract holes cannot be made any larger so I am stuck with those sizes.

Having gone over to LED I realise I need to up the temps drastically for everything to perform as it should, but I have asked about tube heaters, duct heaters etc but the room is quite a large one and I dont think those items would cut it. Plus the fact that the intake is from an adjoining block built shed that is open to the elements. 

Am using the Par + led ultra 640 LE from ledgrowlights .

So I was surfing the net and found on a hydroponic site a "KlimaHeat Electric Grow Room Heaters"

The blurb sounds good and seems like it will heat the whole of my room adequately.

So I have a couple of questions, and I do apologise to anyone I have asked about this question before, as I am not dismissing your much valued input, it's just that I hadn't mentioned the actual size of the entire room I need to keep warm.

Has anyone used one of these heaters ? and is it worth me getting one.

Would I be ok buying a 5 or 6 inch EC extraction kit ran at a slower speed but still only able to direct it through the 4 inch extract hole using step down adaptor.

If you took the time to read to the bottom, thank you :)

Answers on a postcard please.

Vill

• Like 1

I've not used that exact model of heater but I am reliant on two very similar units at work to keep houseplants alive in what is effectively a single glazed lean-to greenhouse (which is bubble wrapped to fuck and back on the inside) during winter....

They are properly expensive to run mate and in such a small space it'd probably floor yer relative humidity , our wiring isn't the best and they blow sockets/extensions on the regular too.

I'm in a similar situation being limited to 4 inch extraction and in the past I've run fans upto 6 inch reduced out of necessity and it absolutely does work but it'll shave a smidge off the lifespan of yer fan and it'll increase noise too so something to consider.

One thing I always do now I'm running a 4in e.c fan is whack a 5 inch filter on it because I feel it gives the smaller fan more chance to shift air , it's already undersized for my space so applying my idiot logic a slightly larger filter offers less resistance (not so large that the carbon can't effectively scrub though).

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Cheers @BilgePump I read the hype saying that they are cheap to run as the digital one has the thermostat and apparently they only run for a couple of minutes an hour !!!!!

Thanks for the input m8, much appreciated. The plants are looking quite healthy at the moment, but I know these temps are going to drop again pretty soon.

Vill

Just thinking out loud but you could take a large bucket, submerge a water heater with a pump then feed small radiator at the base of the grow area? Having a quick look aquarium heaters go up to 32c and they’re pretty safe to run. 

• Like 1

@The Villan

have you considered something like a green house heater 80w-160w set on a timer for during dark cycle along with a fan speed controller to reduce fan speed during colder temps which will slow the heat escaping. 

Another thing you could do is heat the crawl space 1.2m/2 area with a small tubular heater and block off the external intake from the cold area and use the crawl space as a lung room for your grow. 

Edited by JonDaMon
  • Like 1

i use one of these heaters in a 1.2 by 1.2 and it keeps temps to what i set no problem, they do lower humidity while running but i think any heater will do the same. i have mine running via an ink bird an set it to run between 1 or 2 celsius below where i need my temps to be as takes minute or 2 too cool down after heating, only down side is it pulls 2kw but aslong as you got some kind of controller or you can use the thermostat built in its only on for say 2 minutes at a time maybe slightly longer in the cold nights.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, qualitynotquantity said:

i use one of these heaters in a 1.2 by 1.2 and it keeps temps to what i set no problem, they do lower humidity while running but i think any heater will do the same. i have mine running via an ink bird an set it to run between 1 or 2 celsius below where i need my temps to be as takes minute or 2 too cool down after heating, only down side is it pulls 2kw but aslong as you got some kind of controller or you can use the thermostat built in its only on for say 2 minutes at a time maybe slightly longer in the cold nights.

Thanks quality not quantity. Will have a deeper look into ot when I get gome from brizzle .

Villan

Edited by The Villan

2 hours ago, Head Rose'n'Tail said:

Have you considered using electric underfloor heating for the space  @The Villan ?

Already use an electric blanket for the grow room m8.

Cheers

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Villan said:

Sorry m8 which heater did you mean the kilma one ?

yea was talking about the klima heater m8 but looking now at the prices its doubled in price since i got one, if you do google search for " Grow Gadgets Greenhouse Heaters " you can get a 2kw one at half the price they look pretty much the same thing only square an maby a tiny bit bigger, highly recommend getting an ink bird controler to if you go for one whiout one. inkbirds are super cheap an work a treat

• Like 1