ratchet ropes

The Villan

Just watched a video and noticed that when using ratchet ropes to hang lights etc, they had the ratchet device hooked onto the light fitting, I have beenusing mine with the ratchet at the top ceiling hook. Will try it out tonight, could save a lot of hassle trying to reach over to the back ratchets, I have two lights and sometimes its a squeeze to get to the ratchet when its at the back of the room and at the ceiling hook.

Ramble over :)

Vill

• Like 1

Yes Dan, makes a lot of sense, having the ratchet where I have them at the moment means I have to take the weight of the light in one hand and then try to use the ratchet. Havin it the other way round means I lift the light with the rope all in one go :)

Cheers

Vill

• Like 3

On 30/09/2022 at 2:01 PM, The Villan said:

Yes Dan, makes a lot of sense, having the ratchet where I have them at the moment means I have to take the weight of the light in one hand and then try to use the ratchet. Havin it the other way round means I lift the light with the rope all in one go :)

Cheers

Vill

i use mine near the light. 

although my first grow with the LED I did have them high above at the ceiling level and was a serious ballache when I needed to adjust lol  

After first harvest I Quickly changed that shit around lol 

• Like 2

Just now, The Villan said:

@JonDaMon yeah I looked like spiderman when I was trying to reach the back ones :)

Tell me about it. 

then as I was reaching over flowering plants I was getting myself considerably “sticky” from leaning over the buds to get to the rear ratchet lol  

• Like 2

Luckily I am using the led+ultra par LE 640 and I can lower the front one or raise it to get at the back one now :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Villan said:

Luckily I am using the led+ultra par LE 640 and I can lower the front one or raise it to get at the back one now :)

im using a marshydro FCE3000 300w panel over my 3x3 scrog. 

Works brilliant for my setup to be fair. 

I donot utilise the full room that I grow in either so that helps with keeping all my vitals pretty stable. 

• Like 2

I loop the tail end of the excess rope back through the clip, then tie it on to its self. 

Keeps it out the way and knot slides up or down when you adjust height.

I'll slide the one in the pick down to tidy it up. 

large.20221002_202020_compress35.jpg

Edited by Dan t
  • Like 3

I have the strings go up from the shade then thread through a couple of eyes at the top of the space and over the the ratchets close to the door. I can adjust up and down without having to lean in and also don't lose headroom because if the ratchets

This is the only uploaded pic I could find. This is on the fans but I have it set up the same

large.20200107_162621-1612x1209.jpg

• Like 4