Seeking advice on ‘upgrade’

Kosel Den

@Smokey McBongface iirc I've seen pics around ere somewhere of Afghan plants (as in plants in Afghanistan/Pakistan) in full flower with a good few inches of snow on the ground.

Amazing what ol' cannabis can tolerate if it's properly acclimatised.

:yinyang:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Personunknown said:

@Herbal Kint makes more sense than heaters , if your in a cold space i guess with the mix you'd only need heaters on lights off instead of constant:yinyang:

Minus 10c is not unusual if it's shity winter down to minus 15 or 20c.

Now issue is I grow on second floor in bedroom with no central heating there(got just floor down on central). I can't imagine how much heating I would need with just LED.

Am even considering 12/12 on day time lol

• Like 1

@BilgePump really is interesting stuff mate, when the lines are so baked in they carry a unique geographical resistance to harsh environments.

Can see it with LED lighting sometimes. Some genetics can take a whack ton of extra lighting and love it. Others lol not so much.. 

Edited by Smokey McBongface
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Kosel Den said:

Can I ask what you feel the differences are between weed grown under LED and HPS? 
Excuse my ignorance, I just always thought that LED was the ‘economical’ way to grow, and HPS was the way of more power & better spectrum for the plant.

Thanks in advance 

HPS = more stretch and bigger, looser buds....weaker concentration of cannabinols..... higher HVAC requirement.

CMH = middle

LED = the opposite of HPS. (most. brands) less stretch and smaller harder buds....higher concentration of cannabinols.....lower HVAC requirement.

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 3

I've grown a couple of cuts under both led and hid and I don't think the led ones are smaller myself. It's only been the 2 different cuts as I've retired my hids now but I'm still getting big enough buds under led. 

• Like 1

ive just  ditched 1150 watts of LED .... back to old school HPS 1200 watts sunmaster,i give them several grows and tbf i cant slag them off,but i find HPS far quicker + a more robust plant throughout the grow, + i stand on it. :beer:  im old skool though so ignore me. :skin_up:

• Like 2