Ready to go!

latitude54

I've checked my Green Poisons with the loupe for the first time this evening and I think I timed it perfectly (beginners luck)! lol

I could leave them another week or two but the weather is really closing in and they're currently rot free, so I think I'm going to take them down at the end of the week.  

large_gp2.jpglarge_gp1.jpg

• Like 3

Mate if you really dont want to risk it , and i cant blame you :yep: ,  you seem to be  in the beginning of the window of opportunity.

personally i would def keep them cooking based on what im seeing.  

Its your girls mate .... toy go for it ... and congratulations on your first harvest.     

Ideally give them a dark period if they have been in the light as thc depletes during daylight hours and is at its prime after a dark period.    

All the best with it mate

• Like 4

@OldFord after losing a chunk of my Cream Mandy to rot, I’m really wary of it.. especially with the wet weather & wild fluctuations in day/night temperatures here in glorious North Yorkshire. 

It’s forecast rain but warm the rest of this week. Then warmer and reasonably dry next week. So I’ll see how nervous I get by Saturday or Sunday then make a decision. 

Edited by latitude54
  • Like 2

I’d also ideally like to get the autos dried before I add all the moisture from big wet plants to the shed. They’ve been hanging for almost a week so may need another week before I can do anything. 

• Like 2

@latitude54     Getting a crop is way better than losing it mate  ,   i wasnt knocking you :)      I was only judging by the pics.

I have taken a few girls down early in the window of opportunity this season as i need the quantity to convert , not taking any risks this season lol   

All the best with it mate

• Like 2

Can we see a picture of the whole plant and the buds without the loupe.

I dnt wanna sound rude but I'm not sure ur close the buds arnt ripe and your looking at a very thin sugar leaf.

What week flower is it?

On 28/09/2022 at 0:23 PM, B-real said:

Can we see a picture of the whole plant and the buds without the loupe.

I dnt wanna sound rude but I'm not sure ur close the buds arnt ripe and your looking at a very thin sugar leaf.

What week flower is it?

Hi mate, 

Not rude at all. I'm new to all this so happy to take any advice on offer. The plants are 130 days old and have been in flower for about 6 weeks. 

The more I look at them, the more I think they'd benefit from another couple of weeks. 

large_gpb.jpg

I have some like that give or take and I think its best to leave it a couple more wks. 

I'm the most unpatient bastard so 2 wks is hell ov a time 2 wait.

But the extra time is totally worth it.

Maybe try 2 weeks and push a little longer .

The buds will look like buds not whispy tomato plants.

Stick at it and get loads of air circulation!!

• 2 weeks later...

The extra time in the greenhouse seems to be working out well.. Still rot free and the buds seem to be putting a bit of weight on. The weather has been very kind to me with some decent day time temps recently (14º - 16.5º) and lots of sunshine. Sadly, the girls are now too top heavy to get out of the greenhouse as a light breeze is enough to push them over. 

large_gpb.jpglarge_gp2a.jpglarge_gp1.jpglarge_gp2.jpg

• Like 5

@latitude54    Looking mighty fine sir :B):      Sterling work and you look to be well within your window of opportunity for felling :) 

I would encourage you to push on .... we dont want any of that racy / para inducing green now lol     Keep rolling and keep a very close eye on them.

At least if you get hit with rot ... you can take them down straight away.        

Awesome work mate.       Keep that air moving :yep:

• Like 2

Looks great mate!

and notice the difference those few weeks made. I’ve changed my mind about 6 times.

Chop tomorrow.. few weeks.. chop tomorrow.. few weeks..

not chopping until ripe or rot I’ve learned is going to produce a better yield all day, glad I got taught that before I made the mistake 

• Like 1

@AnonyMice I’m the same buddy. 
I keep thinking I should quit while I’m ahead. Then changing my mind and leaving it a bit longer. 

Only thing that’s actually stopped me is the plants not being flushed yet. lol  

• Like 1

I like that frontal lobe tingle with slightly prem weed if it so .better than no weed even better when u bank that first early bit and leave the rest out to finish off more if weather permits.

Play it safe with a little gamble for the win

Edited by B-real