when bag to slow down dry

mysticriver

hi, sorry ive had to make a post, as my memory's on the blink...

when do I put my stems(with buds) into the paper bag? - I can remember having this conversation with a few good members here

ive chopped a plant yesterday, its hanging whole right now. im off out in a few to Morrisons, to get a few of the white paper bags that was mentioned in the topic somewhere (I have searched the forum for the conversation but to no avail)

they have like a spill-resistant coating, & they were mentioned as being good to use in the paper bag/drying operation

I get that I cut the plant into manageable stems & put these in the bags, & burp the bags daily a few times

when do I put them in the paper bags? - I recall something about 5 days being mentioned - what am I looking for ? slight dryness to the buds outside  ? or was it the smaller thinner stems snapping?

mystic

There is a post on here somewhere about it.

Sorry I haven't the time to find it for you - I'm real busy.
Others will answer this for you but was under the impression you put them in the bags once dried.

As in the small stems snap.
Then put them in the bags for a week then in to jars, which you then burp!
Good luck.

Edited by PHatDriver
  • Like 1

you wont have to burp the paper bags as they allow air and moisture to pass through the paper. just give them a shake one a day.

A better option - get a cardboard box and put a pc fan in there to move the air.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

you wont have to burp the paper bags as they allow air and moisture to pass through the paper. just give them a shake one a day.

when do I put them in the bags tho'

mystic

22 hours ago, PHatDriver said:

you put them in the bags once dried.

hi, & thanks for blah blah blah

when would u want to be using the bags bro?

are u sayin' when the outside has gone dry.... 

mystic

15 hours ago, me n me girls said:

Brown paper bags not white ones. :yep:

yes I got the brown 1's - 40p/ea from Morrisons 

just as I was getting home [it were a long-ish bike ride mission to get 'em] fuck they were supposed to be white/ive got wrong ones/ill hav to go back...

glad you said this now

when would you want to bag ?

mystic

Once the little stems connected to the buds are dry and you can snap them, they are ready to be bagged.

leave in bags in the dark for 2 weeks, shake gently once a day and they should be done to put into jars 

you want temps under 20'C if possible and humidity about 50%.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

A better option - get a cardboard box and put a pc fan in there to move the air.

A PC fan and a cardboard box.. looks like I’m already set. 

Is there a method for completely drying in a paper bag? I’m sure I’ve read it somewhere 

21 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

nce the little stems connected to the buds are dry and you can snap them, they are ready to be bagged.

leave in bags in the dark for 2 weeks, shake gently once a day and they should be done to put into jars 

you want temps under 20'C if possible and humidity about 50%.

thanks bro that's pretty much what I was after

mystic