Minimum Temps - Money Saving

J.C

So, with electricity prices so high, I'm tryng to reduce costs where possible. I've got some cuttings that went in a couple of days ago, currently got the temps set to 24 degrees. Is this too cold or can I get away with it? 24 during the day and 22 at night

you should be ok down to 22 min but wouldnt risk lower 

I have seen most USA growers tend to grow at 24'C, a little less than our usual,26 -28'C,  dont know why the disparity but they seem to grow fine.

Insulation is key my friend,  wrap your tent, even a duvet will help.

• Like 1

Root temps of 22-24 (20 min)and room/ambient temp of 24-26 is just fine. You wont see any benefit whatsoever going any higher.

Forget any of this cobblers of rooms should run at 30+ 

Bollocks.

E2a. Just seen this is for cuttings. 

24'c steady is perfect for rooting cuttings

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 4

If you're tempted to push the lower threshold on this, save yourself the agg and dont.

Ran my spare 1.2m tent for a mate 2 winters ago and skimped on the temps, ended up with just over 4 oz from 8 plants (7.5l in pure coco, canna a n b, 600w hps running nights to stave off the worst of the cold) 

Lowest it got to was 17, 18 I think. Tallest girl was 3 foot tall, shortest was a bud on a stick at 14 inch tall

Thanks all, I've set the temps to 26 degree's all the time for now, I've only got one light on so once the others are going it should warm up anyway. I've got a well insulated loft, electric underfloor heating and two long tube heaters so should be able to keep costs reasonable