Drying in tent, controller settings?

Bobcharlieeeee

So im going to be drying a few plants in my tent, i have an AC infinity extraction fan with Controller. 

I know the longer the dry time the better, but im not sure how to set up my controller for drying, lights wont be on, so incoming air is about 20c at the moment.

What does everyone else do? in my head i have a few options 

1. Set the fan at the minimum speed all the time, ignoring the temp and humidity triggers
  2. Set the controller to come on once it reaches a certain humidity trigger 

Should i have a circulation fan running? i have an AC infinity cloudray fan that i can adjust from 1 to 10, im thinking about putting it on the lowest setting pointed at the floor with oscillation turned off.  

• Like 1

I wouldn't leave it on all the time, but set it to trigger at your maximum humidity, perhaps 58% or thereabouts. Perhaps you could have a PC fan blowing in there indirectly or if you have a larger room and need the power, a circulation fan blowing anywhere but at the buds.  You don't need a strong breeze circulating, but you definitely want to keep the air moving as long as it isn't blowing straight at the buds.

I'm glad to note that you are not as stupid as I was.  I set a temperature trigger too,  to try to keep temps down.  Unfortunately, as I was only dehumidifying the air, not cooling it, all that meant was that there was a near constant flow of warm air as ambient was always over the 18C threshold I had set - during the daytime. In fact in a freak temperature for the time of year, temps were up to 28C.  The crop dried out way too fast, about 9 days and with the high temperatures of the time, most of the terps were lost.

Edited by MidgeSmith

@MidgeSmith If i set it to 58%, what minimum speed should i set the fan to? Id fear the fans would be on all the time full wack for the first week until the humidity reached 58%? which might dry it too quick?

I have circulation fan that i can set to 1 and was planning on aiming it at the floor with oscillation turned off 

I suppose it depends somewhat on the size of your tent, the ambient RH & temperature outside the tent and how much the flowers fill the tent. You will definitely benefit from advice of someone who has successfully managed a dry in the same way and with more similar parameters.

My grow, it seemed fine at 58% until the temperature spike caused issues. Perhaps you are right to start at a higher RH such as 62% - 65% though.  It can't hurt in the early days anyway.

Yeah the circulation fan idea sounds fine.

I had my extraction off speed (minimum) at '1' using a 4" AC Infinity and speed '3' when it was on.  That's was in a 120 x 60 x 180 tent.  With Off speed '1' there was no smell leaving the tent apart from via the filter.

• Like 2