Cure Sanity Check

John'sMidnightGarden

Hi all

Dried nice, about 10 days which is usual for me, whole plant method but I break it down over days.

My Baklava went into the jars and smelled good - definitely on it's way to a good smoke.  2nd week of curing I burped it last night and - unsure if hay or fresh grass - lovely wedding cake kinda smell gone.  It just smells like dealer weed.  Out of nowhere!  Went into jars about 57% humidity, over the week it crept up to 61%.  My Iced Grapefruit smelled bangarang before I'd even trimmed it.  Everything seems dry.  Test smokes have been lovely.

I've not had undesirable smells develop as part of the curing process - does anyone get this?  Bit better today so hoping it's something normal I haven't seen before.  I'm confident the brown bags got them dry enough, no condensation on the jars etc - I always seem to slightly overdry.  This is my first time NOT using boveda 58% packs.

Thanks to anyone that calms me down!