The Plant Growth Company - Tria-Booster

BushDoctoR

Hey everyone,

I was looking for a cheaper triacontanol alternative to big brands expensive boosters and discovered a product called Tria-Booster by 'the plant growth company'. 10L diluted works out around 25p compared to a ridiculous £1.20 for canna boost but is it too good to be true?

They only sell via amazon, ebay and direct, and seem to sell mostly copies of big brand products but cheaper. On the one hand it all screams red flag but on the other we all know that nute companies sell us simple tonics with massively inflated price tags

I've tried to do a bit of digging but I can't seem to find any mentions of them apart from a vague and inconclusive post on thctalk from last year

Anyone have any experience or knowledge about this company?? Scam or what?

BDr :smokin:

You'll get some benefit but not the whole benefit of replacing cannaboost for this other product - the reason being that tria isn't the whole story when it comes to cannaboost, its got Kelpak in it also which is one of the best (if not the best) seaweed products for horticulture. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GSZZ said:

You'll get some benefit but not the whole benefit of replacing cannaboost for this other product - the reason being that tria isn't the whole story when it comes to cannaboost, its got Kelpak in it also which is one of the best (if not the best) seaweed products for horticulture. 

Cheers for the reply. Although I was asking more along the lines if anyone knows of this brand as it seems a bit sus as it isn't stocked by any hydro shops and they don't seem to have much online presence.

I should mention that I'm not necessarily after a direct substitute for canna boost. I was using boost as an example as its one of the more expensive ones but this Tria-Booster is still far cheaper than all of the most common tria-containing additives and I assumed it was the triacontarol which made them pricey. I'd be using it alongside my regular additives like maxicrop, fulvic, enzymes etc so I'm not too fussed about the other goodies in the mix.

5 hours ago, MonkeyBlazed said:

Alfalfa has it in

Thanks. I was aware of that but I don't grow in compost. I've also seen recipes for extracting it but all seems like a bit too much faff if I'm honest lol

I think I've also seen that you can buy pure powdered triacontanol and dissolve it in something or another. That's something I'd probably be more up for

16 minutes ago, BushDoctoR said:

Cheers for the reply. Although I was asking more along the lines if anyone knows of this brand as it seems a bit sus as it isn't stocked by any hydro shops and they don't seem to have much online presence.

I should mention that I'm not necessarily after a direct substitute for canna boost. I was using boost as an example as its one of the more expensive ones but this Tria-Booster is still far cheaper than all of the most common tria-containing additives and I assumed it was the triacontarol which made them pricey. I'd be using it alongside my regular additives like maxicrop, fulvic, enzymes etc so I'm not too fussed about the other goodies in the mix.

Thanks. I was aware of that but I don't grow in compost. I've also seen recipes for extracting it but all seems like a bit too much faff if I'm honest lol

I think I've also seen that you can buy pure powdered triacontanol and dissolve it in something or another. That's something I'd probably be more up for

i use their Triacontanol but I bought it last year before they upped their prices and changed their labels. 

it cost me (i think) £10 for 250ml and you use a few drops per litre. 

if you’re concerned if they are a company that won’t rip you off then don’t worry I’ve ordered from them. 

the thing is this. ANYONE can mix their own dry nutrients and sell them on eBay as long as you file your tax returns properly. 

the tria that they use is derived from beeswax and I find it best to mist with it rather than use it in my reservoir as the suspension needs to be warmed slightly to mix it properly in the bottle as it has a tendency of solidifying. 

• Like 3

Tri-con is readily available in neat powdered form for pennies online.  Or it was the last time I bothered looking anyway. 

It's not something I really endorse using to be completely honest but at the same time I won't knock anyone who does use it, particularly if it's more a curiousity thing as a percy grower rather than a profit maximiser thing for a mersh grower if you get me..

Each to there own n all that.  

But yeah it and a few other similar things were quite easily sourced when I was ummmm "researching" them. 

And because of potency and dilution rates when dealing with the pure chemicals a little goes a very long fucking way.

Far enough that I wouldn't blame it being a component of canna boost on the price of that particular final product.  Or any other.  

Price boils down to demand more than it does production cost. Any market place shows that readily. 

But anyway, for what little it's worth my opinion is that the fact it's cheap doesn't necessarily mean it's shite.  You may have just been lucky enough to find a merchant who either isn't a cunt or quite possibly doesn't understand the market value of his product properly.  People sell cheap for many reasons. Clearing old stock, closing businesses, an unexpected big bill etc etc.. 

I overheard a friend today talking about a mutual friend who kitted out and open a cafe last year and had built up the customer base and made a profitable business out of it. 

Their latest leccy bill means they're now considering selling up at what will be a minimum of a 50% loss on investment.  It's shit for them.amd I feel for them but it's an example of how there are deals and indeed steals to be had.  Particularly if your cash rich in a time when others aren't so fortunate. 

You could probably find it even cheaper tbh. 

2p

• Like 4

2 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

What is it boosting? If it's boosting biomasss then it's probably diluting the trichome density.

i use it during veg and spray weekly. 

I’ve noticed more vigorous growth during veg with slightly more branching than normal. 

I don’t use it during flower. 

here’s what’s said on OneStopGrowShop but the same information is found in studies etc if you care to look for it. 

Triacontanol is something slightly different called a Phytohormone, "growth factor" or stimulant. It is a substance that is found naturally in the leaves of most plants. It is non-toxic, yet when it is used to best effect, it produces a major difference in the way that a plant grows (in a highly beneficial and positive way). Used at the correct dosage, Triacontanol significantly increases the amount of chlorophyll in leaves, thereby improving the rate of photosynthesis. It increases the rate of cell growth and multiplication. It down-regulates stress factors (making the plant feel less stressed) and yet up-regulates photosynthesis, photorespiration and assimilation of CO2.

Edited by JonDaMon
Spelling mistakes.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JonDaMon said:

A lot of folks in the USA are using Triacantonol, Brassinosteroids, Cytokinins etc. 

So is everyone over here using shogun sumo boost, vitalink turbo or evoponics elixir.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ukbudz said:

So is everyone over here using shogun sumo boost, vitalink turbo or evoponics elixir.

is that a statement or a question?

Cytokinins are great, seaweed is full of em.

I've spent the last year or so dicking around with cytokinins and houseplants, not in a particularly methodical or scientific way , just slapping a bit of keke paste on this , that and everything and seeing what happens.

It's awesome at promoting lateral growth is what I'm getting from this.

Can't really see much application for the paste in our field of horticulture so I'll just stick with seaweed as a foliar, does the job.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ukbudz said:

@JonDaMon a statement otherwise it would have a question mark at the end if it was a question. 

cheers. Just thought I would ask as sometimes people forget to add the ? 

what I was referring to more than anything is they are buying the raw products and doing it themselves rather than pay the mark up prices that companies actually want for their “special super boost booster boost”