Drying advice please

shadysheepie

I'm having issues drying I didn't get enough yeild to be able to hang a stem just buds.

I tied them with cotton hung in my wardrobe but it was to hot and all my buds are airey super dry and cured now for 12 weeks and smell off jay.

Is there a food dehydrator you can buy in the UK that will still work if you cut off the wire for the heat elements? 

O can only find ones that go as low as 35c which is to high.

Or would paper bags hung in an out side metal shed with ventilation work.

I'm gutted as it was my first grow nothing died plants and bids smelled lush but now I'm left with brittle jay smell for all 3 different varieties.

• Like 1

feel for you, bruv

herd of people putting orange peel in the jars....but its all just here say and trial and error..

good luck with it

:yinyang:

• Like 1

If you’ve lost your smell probably you probably bagged / jarred or whatever you store it in too premature nightmare drying this time of year and especially this year with higher heat etc. I had a struggle to dry my last lot down to the high heat etc went a bit to far once it was crack snap dry put some big fan leaves over night into the bag and it came back.

3 hours ago, chilled artist said:

herd of people putting orange peel in the jars

I have done this with bought buds that had gone a little too dry. Popped a little piece of orange peel in with the buds, only a small piece but I guess use your own judgement depending on size of receptacle. Within an hour or two, the difference was obvious. I found it worked very well for me. I've also heard people using a small piece of potato as well, but somehow this didn't appeal to me :) The only slight snag, and for me it wasn't even a snag, is that a little bit of orange flavour can make it's way into the bud. But it's more aroma than actual taste (and orange tastes nice anyway haha). I would do it again in the same situation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/09/2022 at 6:17 PM, shadysheepie said:

I'm gutted as it was my first grow nothing died plants and bids smelled lush but now I'm left with brittle jay smell for all 3 different varieties.

Don't let it put you off, Learn and evolve my friend

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 4:03 PM, Hashslag said:

I have done this with bought buds that had gone a little too dry. Popped a little piece of orange peel in with the buds, only a small piece but I guess use your own judgement depending on size of receptacle. Within an hour or two, the difference was obvious. I found it worked very well for me. I've also heard people using a small piece of potato as well, but somehow this didn't appeal to me :) The only slight snag, and for me it wasn't even a snag, is that a little bit of orange flavour can make it's way into the bud. But it's more aroma than actual taste (and orange tastes nice anyway haha). I would do it again in the same situation.

I did that it worked for the buds I grew & they got too dry but it didn't take me down from this high so I kept it, it still gets you ripped, if anyone was around back in the days when we got was brick? I thought the same when they packed it & by the time it has gotten to you it was dry, people use to spray it to add weight we still bought it & still gotten ripped