Help with new area

mr_smith2020

Hi all hope your well its been a long-time since I've been on here .. been bouncing round rented houses so not been growing 

my last one was a loft grow which i did well on a whole but the last one was crap full of seeds which assume was a herm due to the hot summer we had 

Not sure if this is the correct section but the new house has a nice garage to build a grow room.. coming from a loft I have a few questions 

Ok grow room size I've got  3m x 2m i intend to build a 3 long x 2 wide x 3 .5 High frame and use 75mm king span to create a fully insulated box.. there will be a air gap of 100mm right around the box .. the garage is a fully brick units with a tiled roof

lighting

I still have 6 x 315 CMH id like to use and 4 x UK DIY led units can think of the model but it was a 400w HPS replacement could mix these up as wont need to run them all

ventilation

my stuffs still boxed but I'm sure i have 1 x 10" stealth perish fan matched with the same make 6" fan controlled by a G.A.S controller which ramps up and down 

In the loft i used 6 x  11ltr pots in a scrogg with coco.. i did wonder if upping the pot size might increase my yield ?

Nutz i was using the Canna feed since it was some time again maybe there is better out there now..

Something new 

Some months ago i was stripping a old factory out which had gone pop and i was able to get my hands on 2 x Mitsubishi air con units which i have in storage i believe these are around 15000 Btu.. I'm thinking of installing these but need to do a lot of research how they would be used in a grow room

assuming there don't remove any air from the area so smell shouldn't be a issue and it would mean that i don't need to exchange so much air to cool therefore been more stealthier?

any one got some advice on AC or tips to look into? 

Humidity not sure on this one would the AC help here 

Thanks in advance 

7 minutes ago, DankStank said:

You'll need to add co2.  Why the AC?  Just because you have them?  Seems a bit pointless and very costly on electric. 

Hi mate.. well i do have them to hand and the other issue is heat/stealth 

in the loft with the 6 x 315w on the 10 out 6 in i did struggle to get the temp to 26c it was normal around 28 to 30s been in the loft 

i believe that was my issue with the seeds so I figured id like to get the temps sorted and i wont have the issue of trying to add a 10ich vent in the side of the garage and have family asking why its blowing out etc 

C02 is this because i will have so little air going inthe room ?

p.s thanks for taking the time to reply

I've never grown in a loft, but I did use cmh for ages.  I used to squeeze 3 units in a 1.2m and didn't have major problems.  The loft experience might be colouring your judgement

For the cost of the electric running AC you could probably convert to led and still save money, depending how often you intend to grow. 

If you're not exchanging sufficient air, you'll need to replace co2 levels yourself or the plants would suffer. 

25 minutes ago, DankStank said:

I've never grown in a loft, but I did use cmh for ages.  I used to squeeze 3 units in a 1.2m and didn't have major problems.  The loft experience might be colouring your judgement

For the cost of the electric running AC you could probably convert to led and still save money, depending how often you intend to grow. 

If you're not exchanging sufficient air, you'll need to replace co2 levels yourself or the plants would suffer. 

Ok maybe your right but we hit 40c this summer in the UK so was abit scared ..  what extraction sizes would you recommend for a brick garage then maybe i can get away with this I'm just thinking stealth and how the hell do you hide the vents. once set up id have to take it down if too hot to get the aircon guy out to install it ! so was thinking doing it as the start you see ..

Power consumption is a issue but i also have a milling machine and lathes as part of my job on the side and they cost a fortune to run so what's made from that will cover power or least help

Just trying to start off right again rather than a budget grow and run into problems 

Co2 does sound interesting then dehumidify and humidifiers .. im right in thinking you have no extraction just a filter polishing the air 

9 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Keep it simple. Lighting, extraction, medium, feeding, everything. You want to ditch the dealer or be the dealer? lol

if it works simple suits i just don't want the seed issues again and keep it steathy

53 minutes ago, DankStank said:

Ok maybe your right but we hit 40c this summer in the UK so was abit scared ..  what extraction sizes would you recommend for a brick garage then maybe i can get away with this I'm just thinking stealth and how the hell do you hide the vents. once set up id have to take it down if too hot to get the aircon guy out to install it ! so was thinking doing it as the start you see ..

Power consumption is a issue but i also have a milling machine and lathes as part of my job on the side and they cost a fortune to run so what's made from that will cover power or least help

Just trying to start off right again rather than a budget grow and run into problems 

Co2 does sound interesting then dehumidify and humidifiers .. im right in thinking you have no extraction just a filter polishing the air 

if aircon is a no go as you say Another option maybe to install 2 x 200mm holes into the back of the garage bricks 

not sure how this will affect the structure on the garage wall tho ? assume if i leave a good gap between should be ok ?

then maybe run a water feature to hide the noise .. but its need to be stealthy so family friends don't twig 

You can get stealthy silenced ec fans if noise is your biggest issue.  I can't imagine an extracter fan being louder than two AC units either. 

I've only grown in a house, so can't help with vents in garages.  There will be people on here that are or have done though.  HVe a good look through diaries and you might find something similar. 

An 8" silenced ec fan should be all you need to move enough air and keep you quiet.  Best bet for the AC units would be sell them I reckon.

You're moving from a spot thats notorious for being too warm to an area famed for being cold.  It might take a bit of adjustment but it should be pretty straight forward. 

15 minutes ago, DankStank said:

You can get stealthy silenced ec fans if noise is your biggest issue.  I can't imagine an extracter fan being louder than two AC units either. 

I've only grown in a house, so can't help with vents in garages.  There will be people on here that are or have done though.  HVe a good look through diaries and you might find something similar. 

An 8" silenced ec fan should be all you need to move enough air and keep you quiet.  Best bet for the AC units would be sell them I reckon.

You're moving from a spot thats notorious for being too warm to an area famed for being cold.  It might take a bit of adjustment but it should be pretty straight forward. 

Maybe I'm looking to much into it

what fan do you recommend ?  I've checked an mine is a 

Phresh Hyper Fan Stealth V2 1840 m3