light period change and autos flowering

RUFUS HOUND

strange question as it shouldnt happen but anybody ever found a change in light from 20/4 to 14/10 triggers flowering.

long story short, my og kush auto was put on the windowsill to get some extra rays and I forgot about it. so it got a couple long nights

13 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

I know how its supposed to work, just asking if it had ever happened to others

but I guess it was just a coincidence

Im no expert, but from what I understand its not unheard of to get an "auto" seed which actually has photo dominant genetics, ive heard stories about peope with autos which are vegging forever until lights were flipped so maybe this? Otherwise coinicidence I suppose, one weird thing I noticed on my grow (which is my first) the seeds were planted about 5 days apart but I saw first sign of flower on both plants on the same day, I put it down to coinidence but I did wonder because it seemed like I had "triggered" the flower and I had adjusted lights, but I wrote that off as a coincidence to be honest. I didnt adjust schedule though just the height.

• Like 2

I dont really believe in coincidences, every thing happens for a reason - cause and effect and all that.

It might be an early flowering strain as it was at 3 weeks, just !

I did leave it a little late repotting (last night) so hope to bulk up in the flower stretch period, I have another kush that is a week behind this one and which hadnt turned yet but maybe it will flower next week so I better pot this up today to give it a week of veg in a bigger pot.

• Like 1

Maybe just the stress with it not getting enough light, that was the other thing I thought with my plants as they flowered after first round of LST and I thought that maybe the stress had caused it.

id imagne if its a significant amount shorter that what the plant needs, that would still cause stress to the plant.

Edited by oldleafybeard1
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2022 at 1:09 AM, RUFUS HOUND said:

There’s nothing you can do to affect these babies timing. They are like a clock counting down from the second you plant it. 
what takes places between them tines is down to us. I’ve seen autos in those red 1ltr plastic party cups that have yielded 2oz. So in my opinion they are great. I too have 4OG AUTOS on the go and should be coming down shortly-will work out how to post as Ive just rejoined. 
good luck 

i do think things like stress and poor light or periods of no light can trigger them...some yt vids seem to confirm this too

is that an experiment for someone!!

• Like 1

I know what you mean about autos being on the clock but flowering time is approx 3 to 5 weeks, its not 28 days exactly.

Its sister that was a week behind still hasnt flowered and its getting on to week 4 - its probably stress, as I do remember knocking it over!

3 hours ago, Raz456 said:

red 1ltr plastic party cups that have yielded 2oz.

Thats a very American thing "red party cups" or are they a thing now - whats wrong with cans

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Raz456
On 15/09/2022 at 0:41 AM, RUFUS HOUND said:

Seedsman does sone f1 strains that are photos that finish early through the ruderalis gene purposefully lingering in the background. 
I’m going to try some next season…and may I say how over the moon I am with this lovely dry sunny weather… my girls are starting there flush now… happy days.