Ph perfect nutrient question

James new to this

I’m on my first run in a Wilma and using coco. I’m using ph perfect advanced nutrients I’m just about to start my flush do I just leave the ph at 7.4 which my water is or do I have to take it down on the flush 

• Like 1

Just plain water will be fine for the flushing stage :yep:

I sometimes see people pH at that stage and I just think 'Why'?

Good luck with the final stages and the harvest.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Devon Cream said:

Same as above plain water never understood why people feel inclined to ph the water in flush.

I don't understand why people flush. What will the plants do with the waste ions, will they excrete them back into the ground to be picked up again?

• Like 1

Just now, stu914 said:

Only in hydro, not necessary otherwise...afaik...:yep:

I don't do it in coco.. Hydro is a res change, not a flush.... we are not running clean water through a plant. If there's no ion exchange from an ionized solution at the roots there's no ion-exchange and, therefore, no flushing. The only time one is 'flushing' is when one has fucked up the stock solution/res and it needs replacing. imo of course. :)

• Like 2

@catweazle1

So if you flush with plain water because of fuckup with the nutes it must have some effect on the plants?

Ergo, flushing with plain water at the end must also have some effect?

I was always lead to believe flushing with a very weak nute solution at the end encourages the plants to use up nutes they have stored,

whether doing this actually drags nutes out and back into the res I'm not so sure.

3 hours ago, stu914 said:

@catweazle1

So if you flush with plain water because of fuckup with the nutes it must have some effect on the plants?

Ergo, flushing with plain water at the end must also have some effect?

I was always lead to believe flushing with a very weak nute solution at the end encourages the plants to use up nutes they have stored,

whether doing this actually drags nutes out and back into the res I'm not so sure.

That's what I thought if the plant is holding nutrient water then just stars to take on just water then the plant has to exchange old for new therefore useing up the nutrient water first

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/09/2022 at 4:58 PM, James new to this said:

I’m on my first run in a Wilma and using coco. I’m using ph perfect advanced nutrients I’m just about to start my flush do I just leave the ph at 7.4 which my water is or do I have to take it down on the flush 

I've just started using a wilma, mainly because i went on holiday at the end of my grow, do you just use the drippers supplied?