Cream of the Crop - August 2022

Joolz

Cream of the Crop - August 2022  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote for your favourite photo

This poll is closed to new votes

I think theres less active growing posters these days, theres lots going on in the outside world but somewhat less so the indoor, which is good as people should get out more for fresh air and exercise,  however it does seem to mean less budshots for the competition which is bad but I guess things changed and people changed, maybe they wanted less drama and are chilling smoking a fatty with some dub on and laughing, but in any case I don't think they are all shite at all, there's so much negativity these days, I suppose everyone is unhappy with some shit, I grow weed I'm unhappy with spidermites but I can't blame them I'd do the same in their position that's really all any of us do when were doing it is we do what we're doing, like boring into the leaf cells with our teeny tiny little incisors and drinking the sweet sweet juice, gorging ourselves on the lifeblood of the organism and you might think that's bad but it gets worse as my aunt Agatha had a parrot which said prick to all the visitors and she couldn't go on the radio competition even though she was really good at getting the question right because the parrot would have said prick and she'd be mortified, parrots live to 80 or 90 years and when she died it was only 37 so my cousin had it and it never said prick again to this day since she died that's the thing with with animals, well with all organisms really, I bet my poor plant feels terrible with its mites, like ticks all over, they say trees can think and they suggest the brain could be in the roots, what happens when they take a cutting?

On 03/09/2022 at 5:29 PM, ratdog said:

i haven't voted for myself before, but i have had someone attempt to bribe me lol

I telt ye the cheque is in the post man ffs lol

• Like 3

To nominate a pic ye like all ye gotta do is report the post and in the msg box say its a cotc nomination an tell them which pic :yep:

@Erbman T for me this month lovely lookin aye

E2A And aye ye can nominate yer own pics if ye want no problems

Edited by McHazy
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Fatboy77 said:

Got an entry you wanted to offer up?

I'm not sure how it could be done, but the nomination process might benefit from an adjustment.

Every month I see some stunning flowers that never make it to selection.

I put my hands up to rarely nominating, maybe there could be a COTC tag that's more visible?  To jog the memory and speed up selection?

One of the problems is that people are using phones and the image quality isnt good enough. 

If you fill the frame with the bud the top and bottom of the picture is often slightly blurry and it just wont be good enough when its viewed full screen.

I try to avoid that happening sometimes by pulling back so the bud is in the middle and then cropping afterwards.

It's still not as good as getting a proper camera out though.large.Resizer_16632385806573.jpglarge.20220915_114204.jpg

• Like 4

I have an old DSLR Canon camera but it just has the bog standard lens, find it a complete pain in the arse to use on anything other than full manual mode which means using a tripod and timer. Then the lighting isn’t right - aaaah!! 

The frustrating part is the camera on my iPhone is way better, the auto image enhancements make a night and day difference. I just don’t want to use it for certain photos as it likes to stamp geo metadata :( even when it’s switched off apparently. 

• Like 1

Its the middle of the month and i still cant decide lol     Been looking on / off and keep changing me mind like a kid :) 

I love Hombres Cob ,  im a huge Auto fan and its rare to see one in the running - Gaijins auto looks tasty ,  im a sucker for colour and Erbman T's colourful entry rocks and hes an outdoor guy .... decisions decisions lol      Every runner has its merits.

An awesome collection and all deserve to win.     I will make a decision lol  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Smokey McBongface said:

I have an old DSLR Canon camera but it just has the bog standard lens, find it a complete pain in the arse to use on anything other than full manual mode which means using a tripod and timer. Then the lighting isn’t right - aaaah!! 

The frustrating part is the camera on my iPhone is way better, the auto image enhancements make a night and day difference. I just don’t want to use it for certain photos as it likes to stamp geo metadata :( even when it’s switched off apparently. 

My lass is a photographer and I've already been banned from using any of her fancy equipment to take pics of my plants. Might wait till she's out one day and get a full backdrop and lighting setup sorted. :smug:

Edited by latitude54
  • Like 4

Effing site man! Just typed a post only to click submit and get signed out lol 

Anyway I said I've gone for hombres cob, his  threads and general enthusiasm for cobbing have really piqued my interest, as well as lots of us on here it seems. Good work dude

• Like 4

not being funny but some of the entries arent titled correctly, this was the main reason given why others were not considered in the past - what gives ?

1 hour ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

but some of the entries arent titled correctly

I'm still unsure as to the rules for voting for your own photos ¿¿¿

Atb

:yinyang: