How to make dry sift better..Advise needed

lazarus1.0

Hi uk420 family!

Ive ran some sugar leaf n lower whispy bud through a 120 micron bag and whilst the quality is ok, I was hoping for better. Its sandy coloured, doesnt bubble but is quite plasticiney in its composition. Reminds me a bit of some old school yellow leb than what I expected from the bag. The material (which had been sat around for a good while in storage) was bone dried, frozen and shook in the bag and the powder collected and pressed with a hydraulic press into a small bar but now, Im wondering if theres any chance of more alchemy and making the product better quality. For example would I be better of putting it through a blender to get it powdered again and then using iso alcohol to refine it further, or are there other methods that can be utilized without too much hassle?

Any suggestions would be welcomed and warmly received.

Cheers!!

Lazarus1.0

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lazarus1.0 said:

sugar leaf n lower whispy bud

I would say the old adage of  "you get out what you put in" probably applies here. Or as my mate would say, "shit in, shit out".

Improve your starting material and refine your collection process (sounds pretty rough from your description..). That should lead to an improvement in the end result.

Guest Default Attribute

For dry sift I use a set of 4 screens, top screen is the work screen then the others refine it further, the good stuff is in the bottom 2 screens after filtering the shite off, get some proper unreal hash that way. The more you work it on the first screen the worse the hash with be though, got to find the sweet spot 

What about if I ran the 120 micron kief through a, say, 90 micron bag? Would that work to increase the quality of the product? Thanks for the replies thus far, lads. 

10 hours ago, lazarus1.0 said:

What about if I ran the 120 micron kief through a, say, 90 micron bag?

Not if you intend to blend the already pressed hash to put through the 90 micron bag.

Pressing the kief in a hydraulic press to create a block will have ruptured a lot of the trichome heads and it is these heads you need intact to sift out for good hash.

I would say if you can make some qwiso with some seperate material and then mix the two together to make jelly hash is your best way to improve what you already have. 

:yinyang:

Edited by lildaveham
  • Like 2

Much appreciated gentlemen. So good to see this place still thriving after all these years. Heres to another 20!

• Like 1

temp controlled hair straighteners, put micron bag with kief in her, press, collect dab & smoke. apparently this does, never tried but look it up :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/08/2022 at 10:28 PM, lildaveham said:

Not if you intend to blend the already pressed hash to put through the 90 micron bag.

Pressing the kief in a hydraulic press to create a block will have ruptured a lot of the trichome heads and it is these heads you need intact to sift out for good hash.

I would say if you can make some qwiso with some seperate material and then mix the two together to make jelly hash is your best way to improve what you already have. 

So I have some rso and wanted to make into jelllyhash as per your suggestion. SO, do I blend the presed up sift back into powder and then mix it up. Is there a specific method that works best?

Any advice warmly received and appreciated.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lazarus1.0 said:

do I blend the presed up sift back into powder and then mix it up

:yep: Yes mix a bit at a time until your happy with the consistency .

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lildaveham said:

:yep: Yes mix a bit at a time until your happy with the consistency .

Thanks brotha!

Would you happen to know a good oil to sift ratio by any chance?

4 hours ago, lildaveham said:

@lazarus1.0

I don’t have a ratio no but this thread is worth a read. :yep:

Brilliant, mate. Thank you kindly am gonna make some this weekend and follow this threads advice for the method. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/08/2022 at 8:46 PM, Default Attribute said:

For dry sift I use a set of 4 screens, top screen is the work screen then the others refine it further, the good stuff is in the bottom 2 screens after filtering the shite off, get some proper unreal hash that way. The more you work it on the first screen the worse the hash with be though, got to find the sweet spot 

What screens do you have, or did you make your own? I'm tempted to try and build my own, but I also know I'm shit at DIY.