Mister D's Farmhouse

Crow River

I recently received a 10 pack of 'Encore' regs by Mister D's Farmhouse as a surprise freebie with my order from a Danish seedbank. Breeder's description:

Encore regular

(Sweet tooth #4 IBL x Petrolia Headstash F2 #3) 

Indoor / outdoor
I pollinated my best Sweet Tooth #4 inbred line cut with a super branchy Petrolia Headstash dad. This boy was heavy on the petrol/pine smell.
The result is a medium sized hybrid with rock hard buds and covered with a purple/white hue. A sweet pine/motor oil smell and a piney/grape taste.
Resistant to cold and powdery mildew.  A very nice sedative effect, great for chronic pain.

Indoor flowering 56 to 63 days
Outdoor harvest approximately early/mid October 45N

Sounds interesting to say the least. :) 

Wondering if anyone here has grown Mister D beans?

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 4

@MindSoup, looking into this further it seems there's a connection to FDM genetics.

Sweet tooth 4 x Sweet tooth 4 BX)

I obtained an old Sweet Tooth #4 cut back in 2013. She can be tricky to flower indoor, but outdoor in a cornfield or in a guerilla grow, she is a breeze to grow. Easy to clone, not demanding and can take 2-3 degrees frost and a light snow without rotting!

Her only problem was that she was starting to lose vigour. But the addition of pollen from a male from a limited backcross stock of FDM seeds just improved her, both for indoor and vigour!

Overall, she is just tastier than ever.

• Like 1

The other half of this cross is interesting too. Sounds like this will be great for making hash...

Reefermans Petrolia Headstash Description

The PH is a strain that requires selection I worked with a friend in the USA who I gave my best seeds to he selected down 2 elite selections really elite selections he reversed both selections with STS and pollinated a number of each clones.
This is some super strong indica that yields big !
A highly coveted true breeding strain from Humboldt County, a pre-Soviet import from Aghanistan inbred by oldtimers for over two decades. Pungent, rock hard nugs that hit hard, producing a strong body buzz that lasts for hours. High THC , hardy outdoor strain, makes great old school Afghani hash . Mother of Herijuana.

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Never heard of the breeder but I like the description..

Seems to be based in Canada from what I can tell.

Reeferman is another brilliant breeder so looks like you've got a really nice freebie there, it's always nice when you get something worth having.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hey thanks guy's .. Encore, was my attempt to recreate the old "shishkaberry" line!

I also working on making "legend ultimate indica ix" from a male, crossed twice with the breedersteve cut! Also remaking my lui dog v2 and other fire cross!

Thanks. D 

• Like 9

Hello! Great to hear from you. Breeding projects sound intriguing. :) 

Oh yeah, my memory must have been playing tricks when I made the original post, as I checked the invoice and I actually bought the seeds, they were not freebies. :D Not expensive mind you. Haven't grown them yet but I will give them a try for sure. 

• Like 1

They do sound interesting and will be following along to see how they develop ,  always good to have another string to the outdoor bow :yep:

I do like to see individuals going outside their comfort zone and into unknown territory lol       

Check them into the Wild Card mucker :george:     

• Like 4

@OldFord, I fear that Encore will not finish outdoors at my latitude. October at 45ºN roughly translates to late November or December at 55/56ºN. Also the maritime climate might not be ideal, too much humidity maybe. Probably more suited to indoor growing, at least for me. South coast of England, might be a different story.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crow River said:

@OldFord, I fear that Encore will not finish outdoors at my latitude. October at 45ºN roughly translates to late November or December at 55/56ºN. Also the maritime climate might not be ideal, too much humidity maybe. Probably more suited to indoor growing, at least for me. South coast of England, might be a different story.

Hey bro .. The petrolia hs is a south afghani strain, most of these strain and hybrids start flowering early august no matter your latitude.

So she'll thrive outdoor with great resistance to cold and pm cause she pass the test here in new england area, and especially in my neck of the wood. It's extremly wet all summer long!

Good luck ;)

D

• Like 7

@misterD, thanks so much for this information! :) That really puts things in perspective. So great that you're a member here. :yep:

I'll have to think about this now... :g:

E2A:- Maybe I'll do a test run with one or two beans, see how they get on. Even if they are males, I can collect the pollen for a seed run sometime. OTOH I'm supposed to be reducing the number of strains outdoors, not increasing them! Still, it's good to have options... :D

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 3

Now that is highly encouraging & very interesting :yep:       Good garden indica meds .... sounds perfect to me :george:           

I hadt heard of the breeder ,  i dont really go looking in all honesty & intended with all due respect :yep:    

Will need to do some research and see where to purchase from.     Thanks for highlighting them mate.   

Now you really got some decisions to make lol          

• Like 4