How long will Properly dried and cured Cannabis keep?

jimineycricket

Howdy,

I am wondering, in your experience , how long does properly dried and cured Cannabis stored in mason jars with boveda packs keep a decent level of potency?

Are we talking months ? years?

Edited by jimineycricket
  • Like 2

I think you'd be better vacuum packing it, it will keep a good few years if you don't keep opening them. Store it somewhere dark and cool and i'd say 3 years. When I've used jars I've found it tempting to open them which means air is getting to them so I can't answer that. Vac pac is deffo the way to go :yep:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, KC said:

@bill cooper

Did you find they lost much terps and colour? 

Can't say I noticed any lose of terps, but they defo turned more brown in colour.

• Like 3

In my experience some strains just dont seem to like a long cure. My Amnesia cut is great up to about 3 months but then the terps start to get more bitter, the bud goes more brown, and the smoke more harsh to the point where I cant smoke it because its too harsh and makes me cough

Owd

• Like 1

you could freeze it, if you want it to last a long time/not growing often

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1

Not tried vacuum packing yet though got some amnesia on the grow I would like to vacpac some just to see if it goes like the old import.

Had some dinafem quick critical+ that was a really lovely smoke after 12 months it was a really smooth blueberry and smoking a joint felt more like vaping so what was left didn't last long rolling pure fat chongers.

If I was planning on going over 2 years for storage though I would probably hash it.

• Like 3

if your looking for infinite shelf life tinctures is best imo, then cobbing looks very tasty for keep flower.. while remaining something you could smoke 

not tried it yet myself but the on going ageing process sounds exciting...

• Like 1

I got some bud that will be a year old soon, its definitely started to go more brown and lost a lot of terps but still strong as ever.

The Dinafem Cheese I've got atm seems to be the best it has been in terms of terps after 6 months in jars, so it's a strange one.

Not had weed stored for any longer so couldn't commet. I ended up giving my sister big bags of weed for free, should see her face when she opens the bag not knowing I was even giving her weed in the first place lol

• Like 2

I've got a little Dinafem OJ left from just over a year ago. 

It smells absolutely amazing, 

maybe not so strong smelling as it was when it was fresh, 

but it's like the flavour has become deeper if that makes sense. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...