Effect of building a tolerance to THC over months and driving?

stephenc

Sorry mate, the law doesnt care what your tolerance is - if you above the limit, your above the limit and you will be!

where as coke or smack would be out of your system in approx 24hrs, If you smoke everyday and are tested you will be positive - end of story.

Cannabis has the annoying trait of being fat soluble so it stays in your system for fookin ages.

It takes at least 4 weeks to get out of the system if you smoke everyday and then stop completely.

• Like 9

A big thanks to everyone who has expressed an opinion / shared their thoughts on the post.

There are some points I should emphasise here -

1. I have a current valid medical prescription from Sapphire for both THC and CBD oils (I have Multiple Myeloma; a form of blood cancer).
  2. I am trying to be as responsible as possible by researching the options and am paranoid about staying on the right side of the law.
  3. I'm retired and therefore am not rushing out to work at 7am as I used to.
  4. I had started the protocol believing that if I took the THC around 9pm, that it would be out of my system by 9am the following morning, expecially with the gram of CBD at 9am which seems to modulate the THC and its effects, however it is suggested in one of the last posts (I think) that it remains in your system for weeks.
  5. It has also been stated in a recent post ' medical cannabis users are judged on impairment, not the level in their blood '. If that is the case, then I should be ok.
  6. I have also started to use suppositories this week, such is my fear of police action but I have concerns about whether this will show in any tests. My understanding is that it will not as it enters the lymph system and not the blood system.
  7. It's an interesting comparison with alcohol, but is it an accurate one bearing in mind how advanced the law is on drink driving which I would never do, to making a comparison with cannabis THC blood levels? Do we know if the tests are routinely carried out after an accident or road stop?

I've started my journey of 60 grams of both THC and CBD within 2 months in the hope it will kill the cancer, at which point I can stop taking it (other than a maintainance dose).

• Like 5

Driving is sadly geting more like russian roulette , i guess law of averages will get us (drivers)one day if laws aint changed

Def stays in system for weeks , i wouldnt like to do a test any day of the year if driving and consuming thc , Wishing you atb with the battle @stephenc  :yinyang:

Edited by Personunknown
  • Like 4

If you test positive at a roadside, Plod will arrest , charge you and youll probably end up in  the cells for a night - regardless of the fact you have a prescription. 

The prescription could be a defence in your court case (you will go to court) but its down to judges/ magistrates if they accept that - as most judges and society hate all drugs  9 times out of 10 you ll get convicted.

As for the impairment the coppers would say they pulled you due to speed, driving erratically, whatever they decide to make up as they cant pull you for nothing and they will argue that shows your impairment.

I would love a sensible limit but these zero tolerance limits are made to catch all drug drivers - unfortunately our drug of choice stays in the system to long for any regular user to test negative - perhaps we should all become coke or bagheads.

PS CBD is not illegal and wont make you test positive, its the THC that they screen for.

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, stephenc said:

I have also started to use suppositories this week, such is my fear of police action but I have concerns about whether this will show in any tests. My understanding is that it will not as it enters the lymph system and not the blood system.

It's not possible to get high using this method, as it bypasses the liver, there's no 11-hydroxy-THC being created in the liver. It will show up in the blood though, so you could simply argue that rectal administration is non psychoactive.

• Like 3

dont refuse a specimen (I speak from experience) or youll get banned from driving for 12 months and it stays on you record for for 11 years believe it or not.

I found this 

Reasonable excuse or not?

There could be many 'excuses' put forward by a person why they should not or cannot provide a specimen as required. However what actually amounts to a 'reasonable excuse' is a matter of law. Below are several examples of what may or may not be considered a reasonable excuse.

What is a reasonable excuse?

Mental or physical incapacity - A physical or mental incapacity which prevents a person from either providing a specimen and/or understanding the requirement could possibly amount to a 'reasonable excuse'. However, any such excuses would need to be corroborated by a doctor or medical practitioner.

Genuine medical reasons - A genuine medical reason that is either obvious, believed by the police officer and/or confirmed by a doctor (or medical practitioner) would be classed as a reasonable excuse.

An inability to understand the requirement - A persons (foreigners) inability to understand the requirement being made due to them not speaking/understanding the English language could amount to a 'reasonable excuse'.

What is NOT a reasonable excuse?

A persons mental incapacity or physical incapacity which is due to impairment by alcohol will NOT amount to a reasonable excuse.

Being too drunk to understand the requirement will NOT amount to a reasonable excuse.

A persons mental incapacity or physical incapacity due to the stress of the situation they find themselves in will NOT amount to a reasonable excuse in the absence of any medically diagnosed phobia or long term mental health problems.

Refusal until a persons consults the P.A.C.E (Police and Criminal Evidence Act) codes of practice will NOT amount to a reasonable excuse.

Refusal until a person consults with a solicitor and/or until a solicitor is present will NOT amount to a reasonable excuse.

Refusal until a person has exercised his right to a phone call informing someone of his arrest will NOT amount to a reasonable excuse.

Any kind of mistaken belief by the person to whom the requirement is being made will NOT amount to a reasonable excuse.

Any kind of religious or spiritual beliefs that the person holds will NOT amount to a reasonable excuse.

The absence of an appropriate adult where the person is a juvenile will NOT amount to a reasonable excuse.

In the case of a blood sample, it is up to the doctor (or medical practitioner) as to which part of the body the sample will be taken from, any insistence from a person to take it from anywhere else could constitute a refusal without reasonable excuse.

In the case of a blood sample, a dislike or fear of blood that doesn't amount to a fully blown medically diagnosed phobia will NOT amount to a reasonable excuse.

In the case of a blood sample, a dislike or fear of needles that doesn't amount to a fully blown medically diagnosed phobia will NOT amount to a reasonable excuse.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, stephenc said:

I've started my journey of 60 grams of both THC and CBD within 2 months in the hope it will kill the cancer, at which point I can stop taking it (other than a maintainance dose).

The very best of luck @stephenc I hope it kicks the hell out of the cancer for you and leaves you well.

In case you'd like to read it, here is the legislation stating that medical users of cannabis who are not impaired have a statutory medical defence. 
https://www.gov.uk/drug-safety-update/drugs-and-driving-blood-concentration-limits-to-be-set-for-certain-controlled-drugs-in-a-new-legal-offence
If you search for "statutory medical defence"  you will find a number of lawyers and articles backing this up.

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 5

Like to see them try and ban me from riding my mountain bike lol

Good luck with beating the Cancers ass :bong:

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 7

@Military Gradeyou'll have reg number and ins soon if they have there way :wallbash: But no mention of sticking reg numbers on the horse riders  , which are more scary than meeting 3 a breast cyclists on unclassified roadslol:bag:

Edited by Personunknown
  • Like 5

Get a green card 

I would refuse a test right from the onset. I dint give a flying fuck what the reasons I give are or what they do.. 

I'd rather be banned 12 month and on record I'm a cunt who refuses a test rather than do a test and get banned 5yr fir being some druggie driver. 

Feck that. 

Edited by Darknight420710
  • Like 3

How's it going Stiophán .  I wouldn't worry ,if you do drive into a mandatory intoxicant test it'll be early hours , but if the worst should happen request a field sobriety test and for it to be filmed. Might not happen anyway.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Like to see them try and ban me from riding my mountain bike lol

Good luck with beating the Cancers ass :bong:

being drunk/drugged in charge of a bike is an offence you know :police:  lol 

• Like 4