EletriQ dehumidifiers

MindSoup

Hello chums 

It's nearing that time of the year when I'll be needing a dehumidifier. The one I have is old, noisy and pretty inefficient so I've been checking out some alternatives that fit my limited budget. Found a refurbished 10L/3 bed house EletriQ for 75 quid delivered on Appliance Direct which is a pretty tempting price. Just wandering if anyone has any experience with the brand, they do seem to get decent reviews. Also keen for suggestions on similarly priced alternatives.

E2A might have found a meaco Platinum 12L on FB marketplace for 50 quid, I think I've seen some good reviews on here, any opinions? 

Edited by MindSoup

note that elec dehumidfiers dont work under 15 degrees celsius......

so in case temp drops you need some heating aswell..

models depend on how much you need to dry....and how damp for example a garage is...

i always try to have the humidity in a dry space at 50% before i bring the produckt.....one time with a garage it took me 3 days before 50% was on the meter...

i dunno whether you have a moveble airco....most models have a dehumidity function aswell....

the model you saw....has a tank with only 1.5 liter.....i prefer models with a hose......since the tank models stop working when the tank is full... :( 

Edited by DutchFox

Funny enough I recently got one of their air conditioner units, the thermostat didn't work on it so had to return it, they replaced it with a even more powerful Argo brand for the same price.

I did notice ElectriQ was a common return item across the products sold on that site, hopefully it being refurbished means any common problems have been fixed.:yep:

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

TBF looking at FB marketplace there's some decent looking ones going really cheap, hopefully I can haggle someone down on something more quiet/efficient.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DutchFox said:

the model you saw....has a tank with only 1.5 liter.....i prefer models with a hose......since the tank models stop working when the tank is full... :( 

@MindSoup

ohh....in more info it says there is an option for a hose....please read it...

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 1

I’ve got a meaco and it’s been bombproof, the 12L low energy one would be a good buy secondhand hand I reckon or the meacodry 10l. Can fit a hose too.

• Like 2

I have a curry's essential I bought 2nd hand for £20 and has a flow pipe you can connect for drainage, other than the unit holds approx 5l 

• Like 1