Using GA nutes

JohnBudman

Hi all, 

Heads back on track after going off the rails for a while. It happens, any bi polar or adhd sufferers will know where I’m coming from, not the first time, won’t be the last, just gotta keep pushing forward when I can! 

So after some not so successful soil grows I’ve decided to try coco. Got GA a+b, extra traces and root tonic. I’ve had some seed plants that I started before my melt down probably not far off 8 weeks ago now! Poor things have been stuck in a bit of light mix in a party cup. I’m a terrible plant daddy I know, suprised the social services haven’t been called on me lol Anyway today I’m setting them free, got me pots and coco but when thinking it through it’s dawned on me I don’t have a clue what I’m doing once they’ve been potted up. In soil I’d use plain water for the first couple weeks then ween them onto fishmix. How do you coco boys go about it?

Feed from the get go, build up slowly, water daily, go in with 5ml/L root tonic...etc etc the info is all here just use the search function to find it 

• Like 1

2ml of A+B per litre. 3ml per litre of extra traces and 3ml per litre of root tonic. Water till you get a 20% run off and then take it from there

No need to water daily if the pots stay wet

Owd

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 5

Thanks guys @grower951 @Owderb

What ph should I aim for? I’ve noticed on here some start with a lower ph when the plant is young. Why do people do this and when do you know when to raise the ph?

and sorry Owd, just to confirm. 1ml of A 1ml B not 2ml of each?

Edited by JohnBudman

@JohnBudman I've never measured my PH so no idea, I've never had any issues so never bothered! Only thing I measure is the EC going in then occasionally check what's coming out 

2 minutes ago, JohnBudman said:

1ml of A 1ml B not 2ml of each?

2ml per litre of each

I dont bother with ph'ing even though I know my ph is a bit high after I've added the nutes (6.7) but I have no problems at all. Haven't ph'd for a good few years now but if your ph is crazy high then you will have to. 6.0ph will see you fine

Owd

• Like 3

You make it sound so simple yet some of the stuff I see in peoples diary’s make it seem so complicated! It can be a complete mind fuck. Thanks for your help @Owderb, I won’t get to precious about ph but make sure it’s with a reasonable range and see how I go 

• Like 1

I found wi’ growers ark hard water feed that once I was upto the 3ml mark of feeding it had already lowered below 6.5 so no need to even check ph at that point. I can’t argue wi what owd has said though. This is one of the chaps I kept mythering for coco info.

@JohnBudman this is basically the exact same story as me, on my second soil grow with Biobizz and just not getting on with it. So iv decided after this grow has finished il be moving onto Growers ark hard water nutes and changing to COCO. Im also going to get an Auto pot system.

Did you get your water tested by Growers ark? they have advised i need to add extra epsom salt to increase Magnesium as my water doesnt contain much. 

@Owderb 

2ml of A+B per litre. 3ml per litre of extra traces and 3ml per litre of root tonic.

Do you use the First Feed product atall? or do you use Grow A+B instead?

Also is the Root tonic a must have? i didnt order any but GA sent me a free bottle. 

When you first increase the strength how much do you increase it by? do you increase it every week if the plants are happy?  

I used to use it chap but now just use the grow and extra traces and yes the GA root stim is a brilliant product

I always increase by a ml/ltr and if thats too much then reduce

If plants are happy then I do nothing, thats the whole point of reading your plants

Owd

• Like 4

@Owderb When you did use First feed did you use it at the full 5ml strength?

Il use the Root tonic for this grow, but is it 100% necessary?  Id like to try and keep things as simple as possible and save a few pennies, but obviously if its worth using i dont mind buying and using it. 

Have you ever used the Boost-it or Flush-it products also?

2 hours ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

When you did use First feed did you use it at the full 5ml strength?

Yes mate and yes Ive used all GA products but dont use any flush or boost now. IMO root tonic is a must. Great product

Owd

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 1

@Owderb cheers, 

do you use 5ml first feed even on just sprouted seedlings?

mixed up a test using 5ml First feed and 5ml of Root tonic and im getting an ec of 1.0

my tap water is ec 0.5

that Root tonic smells vile!

Edited by Bobcharlieeeee