Bringing the great outdoors.. indoors

latitude54

The weather has turned pretty humid and wet over the past week and I've been getting concerned that my 2 outdoor photo's will turn to mush if I don't get them finished in a better environment. 

Currently they're in a 6ft x 4ft plastic green house outside and my thoughts were to essentially pick that whole thing up and plonk it in the garage (away from the dampness of outside), remove the plastic cover (keeping just the frame then add a light and a couple of fans.

Ideally I'd like to keep my costs as low as possible so would probably have to go down the HPS lighting route and cover the window in the garage with some light proof fabric. But I'd like some advice on a few things if possible...

1. The garage is in regular use during the day so I'd need to keep day as day and night as night. Is this going to cause an issue with temperature or humidity?

2. Will I need to have some kind of extraction for a couple of plants in a 10ft x 30ft garage? I have no neighbours to worry about so smell isn't an issue.  

3. Will this approach work or am I too late in the day to start pissing about with these?

in a greenhouse...the humidity is normally more high as outside.

if you have 2 sets of temp and humidy you see whats going on.

in a garage you dont need a ventilator....you can keep a door open in the day time...if nessesary according to your measurements...

they are in pots i assume....if you cover the pot with plastic...there is no rainwater coming in the pot...and you can stil water and liquid feed them as you like.

hps is a good idea.

Edited by DutchFox

13 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Just leave them outdoors without plastic covers 

That just leaves them completely open to the elements. When it's not raining they're out of the greenhouse enjoying the sunshine & breeze. When it is raining (or at night) they're in the greenhouse with one side fully opened up. I just cant see them finishing well given the shitty weather and the humidity in the garden

Dont bring them into the garage !    Putting a silly plastic g/h inside a garage with plants .... disaster within days mate , sorry :yep: 

Get some cable ties and tie the plastic g/h roof to the frame  ,   take a blade and remove all the sides  ,  leave an few inches overhang so you can tie those down also.    

You should keep them dry enough but you will need to watch the RH !!     The dampness will cling to the underside of the roof and drip on your plants. 

Water less ,  keep the pots drier than you normally would.       Only water 1st thing in the morning.         

You should get through it lol        The joy of poly / plastic g/H's .... no fun.    Been there and never again lol    

Or  simply kick the plants outdoors ..... you just need to be vigilant and watch those leaves for that unmistakable sign :george:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OldFord said:

Dont bring them into the garage !    Putting a silly plastic g/h inside a garage with plants .... disaster within days mate , sorry :yep: 

The plastic cover would be going. I was thinking just use the frame to suspend a light and fans from. 

• Like 1

Just now, latitude54 said:

The plastic cover would be going. I was thinking just use the frame to suspend a light and fans from. 

How far off being ready are they and what are they ?            Moving them to a new enviro whilst in flower is asking for dramas i think.      Im strictly outdoors so cant offer technical.   

Is there no option just to leave them outdoors ?         

18 minutes ago, OldFord said:

How far off being ready are they and what are they ?            Moving them to a new enviro whilst in flower is asking for dramas i think.      Im strictly outdoors so cant offer technical.   

Is there no option just to leave them outdoors ?         

It's primarily my Green Poisons. they're just showing pistils so at the start of flowering. I can leave them outdoors, was just hoping that moving them inside might help keep them safe and get them over the line 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, latitude54 said:

Het is vooral mijn Green Poisons. ze laten gewoon stampers zien, dus aan het begin van de bloei. Ik kan ze buiten laten, hoopte gewoon dat het verplaatsen van ze naar binnen zou kunnen helpen om ze veilig te houden en ze over de lijn te krijgen

In summer storm.....nightly predicted rain.....nightly predicted dew......i would always use the garage.... since no-one cares about the air they produce...

untill week 3...dont worry to much about rot....

Grote vierkante plantentrolley voor binnen en buiten | 300kg

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 1

for this year a lil late....for next year i would consider light deprivation with the garage.... (see the topic about this...)

then you can use indoor plants....outside..... :) 

i did it even on guerilla soil... :) 

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, latitude54 said:

they're just showing pistils so at the start of flowering

well, your a month away from needing to think about worrying about mold, if your worried now good luck come end of september lol 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 1

Just now, blackpoolbouncer said:

well, your a month away from needing to worry about mold, if your worried now good luck come end of september lol 

With this being my first grow, I'm worrying about EVERYTHING! lol 

I spend my life googling things and coming up with "ideas" to help things along. But ultimately I just need to get through the grow and stop being such an inpatient stress head. 

• Like 4