Using CBD Flower to balance out High THC strains?

jimineycricket

Howdy,

So I am wondering about how effective it is to use CBD flower to balance out the very high THC strains that seem to be the norm these days and are usually all I can find , me not being spoiled in any way for choice.

If say I put in my vape an amount of plant that was 1:1 CBD Bud: THC heavy Bud would this have the effect of making the smoke feel like a more balanced strain?

Does mixing flowers like this still produce that entourage effect between CBD and THC or would the CBD and THC need to be part of the same plant?

Another question ;

Is smoking much less of a high THC strain the same as smoking a regular amount of a more blanced strain? What I am asking is if I can't find lower THC Cannabis could I just smoke way less of the higher THC stuff for similar levels of feeling effect ? Is that how THC works in the body?

Thanks for your insights and advice

J

• Like 1

I smoke pure CBD bud and mix it with THC dominant stuff as well from time to time. I do it because it helps with pain relief and muscle tension, but it does definitely mellow out the high somewhat. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

What you are suggesting works very well with CBG flower from personal experience, I can only assume it'll work with CBD flower.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

I'd be surprised if there isn't plenty of scientific and commercial research going on into blending different varieties of cannabis to achieve specific cannabinoid profiles. It definitely works, your cannabinoid receptors have no way of knowing that the cannabinoids you've consumed came from different plants. You don't even need to smoke/vape them at the same time, you can consume one and then the other and mix them in your brain lol

Blending is used for a lot of products that share many characteristics with cannabis (coffee, tea, wine, whiskey etc.) so I expect to see it done with commercial cannabis products in legal environments pretty soon if they don't already exist. It doesn't necessarily make a high quality product but it is often a cheap route to a specific goal so it makes sense commercially when the alternative is breeding one plant with all the characteristics you need which as we know can take a lifetime.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, latigid aikon said:

you can consume one and then the other and mix them in your brain lol

Yeah I've definitely found a few hits on some pure CBD has helped if someone's got a bit to racey, it works with trips as well. Although it can be hard to convince someone that the cure for too much weed is more weed lol

For some reason I can't tag anyone today but @militarygrade mixes CBD bud into his joints to mellow them out a bit as well. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Although it can be hard to convince someone that the cure for too much weed is more weed lol

I haven't managed to persuade a single person that that is true yet but it definitely is!

Edited by latigid aikon
missing 'l'
  • Like 1

i've been using nordle cbd for years now and if i hit that first it makes hitting a higher thc weed much more pleasurable, i'm a wimp when it comes to strong weed these days due to anxiety/mental illness or what ever you want to call it.

i see it as the equivalent of having a beer instead of a triple shot of vodka, not everyone wants to be pissed right up on their first drink (this wasn't always the case mind you lol )

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

i add cbd isolate.

and/or caryophyllene.  helps balance the thc similarly to cbd, but with more anti-paranoia and anti-addiction effects.  :)

and all the other terpenes too,

pinenes (alpha pinene for calm clarity, beta pinene for sharp clarity), linalool (calm), limonine (happy), and half a dozen yet i'm less familiar with.

I've tried CBD mixed with

1- Buzz weed from a dealer limited but was easier to consume lowered the head buzz

2- Grown from a seed of critical plus 2.0/pineapple express 2 Very strong more sativa leaning so maybe cropped a bit early perfect

I used to get the CBD weed from online now all the websites have vanished?  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

@Nick Berry they're still out there. :yep:

The ones I had bookmarked had vanished when I last looked a couple of week ago but now they're back blinking internet

• Like 1

Myth

It doesn't tame it, it adds to or enhances the effects of the THC according to more modern research, the taming side of it is probably a  Perceibo effect caused by ourselves. Like when you drink orange juice for the terps when you have over done it a bit.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Myth

It doesn't tame it

i can tell you that if i smoke a bowl of strong thc weed it will fuck my head up for a while making me all para, but if i smoke some cbd nordle first, then some strong weed after 20 mins i don't get anywhere near as para, and if i smoke strong weed and smoke the nordle after that calms the strong weed down. if this wasn't the case, i certainly wouldn't have been growing nordle non-stop for the last 5-6 years.

• Like 2