Bulb and ballast help before I blow the house up

Jedlod

Here goes

I've got an adjust a wings hellion 750w hps de light with ballast

I wanted to try a de mh bulb but can't find one at 750w

Could I use a 1000w de mh bulb in the 750w ballast?

• Like 1

well, theoretically you can, but...better not too. 

1000w lamp for a 1000 w ballast - the lighting spectrum wont be ideal if you run the wrong wattage lamp in it.. the 1000w lamp is designed to be run at 1000 watts. 

• Like 5

On 18/08/2022 at 9:58 PM, Jedlod said:

Here goes

I've got an adjust a wings hellion 750w hps de light with ballast

I wanted to try a de mh bulb but can't find one at 750w

Could I use a 1000w de mh bulb in the 750w ballast?

@Jedlod the bulbs are discontinued so they won't be making any more so its find used one for sale or change the lights your using 

I recently gave away 20 sets of hps lights with the old massive glass cover noone wants them any more rubbish and use loads electric 

• Like 1

maybe think about LEDs if you're growing in a warm environment, they stay too cool for my location (garage room). 

they cost a fair old wedge, and take a bit of getting used to but my led plants look better than my hps ones, to be honest. i cant see past DIY LED lights, they work really well, im on the scope x 680, and its just been turned to full whack. plants are praying to the lights. only downside is my head keeps whacking off the b*sturd.

or if its cold id recommend either adjustawings with decent lamps (phillips) or gavitas, if you are looking for replacements, the DE eco flex 6/750s im using theyre also very good tbh.  run a bitnhotter than normal hps mind if you dont have a lot of headroom

Edited by badbillybob

36 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

only downside is my head keeps whacking off the b*sturd.

I bash my maxibright bars with my head on a regular occurrence lol

mystic

• Like 1

It's a great big glowing fixture how the hell are you lot bumping your heads? lol 

A quick tinternet search shows there are still places stocking 750w DE gavita bulbs for about £73 :yes:

• Like 2

I brushed my shoulder against the hps once an left a layer o skin on it bonny as ye like

Ye learn tae avoid the light real fuckin quick after that believe me lol

• Like 4

Cheers for the help guys

@KC it's a metal halide bulb I was looking for.

Plant are a bit stretchy and I end up with no head room

I've got a couple leds elsewhere but wanted to make the use of the hellions but looks like another holes getting burned in the pocket for some more leds

• Like 1