Making Kief

newgrowerr123

Hi all this is my first grow am happy to be part of the community.  I intend to make kief using a bubble bag, but do I need to break apart the buds with my hands or use a grinder?  Or just leave them in the bag as is?

Thanks

Bubble bags are for frozen fresh, screens are for dry buds. You'll need to break up the buds in both instances. Good luck. What's the strain?

• Like 1

I just completed a dry ice run through a bubble bag.  Freshly pressed.

Shall post some photos tomorrow :)

Chop them up with a bigass knife.

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 3

Hi, I'm intending to do bubble bag as it's a cheaper option for me.  I am growing Royal Dwarf autoflower and looking foward to trying it soon.  I'm in week 3 at the moment.

I am hoping to do a dry sift through the bag with dry ice that should work ok?

Edit: Oh I see you've done that ok I will do that then as it seems the easier option.  I'd rather just shake it all in the bag instead of passing it over a screen that can take ages, but since I'm only growing 1 plant prob won't get that much

Edited by newgrowerr123
ammend
  • Like 1

If you are doing just the one plant I would suggest taking the kief from the dry ice run and then running that over the finer meshes to get the better grades.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Bubble bags are for frozen fresh 

Behave. lol You can make perfectly decent hash with bubble bags and dry trim, popcorn, or buds. 

• Like 4

You'd have to be pretty 'special' to try and use bubble bags dry. lol  You can however, throw your trim/popcorn/buds in the 220µ work bag, add a load of dry ice (Co2) pellets and shake the bag over a mirror or sheet of glass then scrape all the trichomes together with a credit card, ready for pressing or to smoke as kief. 

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 1

I took my newly purchase bubble bag and filled it with chopped up old trim, leaf, branch, bud, all of it.  Added dry ice.  Gave it 10 minutes to freeze up, then shook gently for 30 seconds to get my higher quality sift, and then shook the sh*t out of it for my lower quality sift.

Using a credit card I was able to collect it from the box I was shaking it in to.

I then found a £3.99 resin soap dish from The Range, put a layer of grease proof paper inside, filled it up with kief, greaseproof paper on top, cardboard on top of that, metal plate (laptop hdd I used) on top of that, and then clamp it down with some cheapo vices I got from a car boot sale for £2.

Backyard hash created :)

3 crops of trim, from branch to bud, anything sticky I head onto for later:

large.62fa6263ec4d5_3cropsoftrim.jpg

To be fair, this bag was new, purchased from Amazon/Ebay, the bubblebag guy, a photo after it had been used:

large.62fa626720916_220micronbagfordryicesift.jpg

Slab No1 created, 31g:

large.62fe1892a316c_Slab1.jpg

Slab No2, 38g:

large.62fe1894b129f_Slab2.jpg

Heres some additional shots of the making of the slab: 

large.kief1.jpglarge.kief2.jpglarge.62fe1d51e2fa7_kief3.jpglarge.62fe1d5411428_kief4.jpg

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Darknight420710 said:

@Inspiration101love it... where do.you buy dry ice from?

I could something like that with all my loose airy buds :)

Chillistick. Com

Not allowed to post links to external sites.

These guys were great, I ordered on Thursday for a Monday delivery but that would mean it's sits at a depot all weekend and you lose dry ice.

They were emailing me, phoning me, I was busy and never responded.

It landed Saturday morning, so well packaged.

Top company.

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 2

For the price of Bubblebags and frozen Co2, I'm surprised you haven't cottoned on to the fact that large screens are a fraction of the price for processing dry trim. Who can afford dry ice and bubblebags anyway? Ya posh cunts! lol

£30 screen: :yep: 

large.IMG_6377.JPGlarge.IMG_6389.JPGlarge.IMG_6395.JPGlarge.IMG_6401.JPG

• Like 6

Everyone has their way.  I could buy a screen or two but then I start looking a bit more professional, and should the worst happen I want to claim I'm a newbie and don't have a clue.  I think that's hard to do when possessing certain items.

• Like 5