Convert a wardrobe

Darknight420710

Hey all, well I think I going to stick with my hobby of growing just now and each time I'm trying to better myself. 

1st and 2nd grow I used a 60x120x180 tent and hated having it there in the corner of the room, it didn't feel discreet and had to make changes as the noises were terrible.

My 3rd grow I used a smaller tent 50x90x160 and put this inside my walk in wardrobe. This has been brilliant as it's a case of out of sight out of mind at times and I prefer that.

The problem is its quite a small tent for the equipment I'm using and the actual floor space inside the wardrobe is around 120x75 and got me thinking of converting the room into a bigger space to grow but no sure if I'm thinking properly.

I've got some plyboard as below and wondering would this be good enough to build a front section behind my wardrobe doors and i could cut air intakes/outtake and a door out the centre

It would help me keep things discreet and I can close the main wardrobe doors a putting it out of sight when need be, I think it would.also be easier to just remove as a whole and hide flat under the bed if I had to dismantle quickly.

I'm tempted to make a start tomorrow  I can get silver mylar reflective sheeting and a 6"bend so I can duct air out, im not sure what other things I ought to consider but I would value opinions of others as to whether this is viable 

This is how things currently stand and you can see the space around the tent plus I've larger area behind housing my oil radiator 

large.20220812_171611.jpg

large.Screenshot_20220812-182908_Gallery.jpg

here's the plyboard large.Screenshot_20220812-172814_Facebook.jpglarge.Screenshot_20220812-172819_Facebook.jpg

Here's my cool plans lol

large.62f68a2a028d0_Screenshot_20220812-175225_BlendPhotoEditor.jpg

Thanks 

Edited by Darknight420710
  • Like 3

I’d batton round inside the doors and add a tent door , did similar for someone once it’s in a diary somewhere years ago , very simple to use an old tent to do .  They do kits now to cut vent holes in materials also secret jardin irc .

• Like 3

I used to grow in a cupboard of similar dimensions before i built my forever drobe. I  had a two section plywood frontage behind the cupboard door, held in place with metal clips, allowing the whole frontage to be removed for access. The wee door in your sketch would be a problem, I think. Raised grow area floor with passive floor vents, exhaust through the grow area lid (more plywood) ducted to a plenum box across the top of the door (inside the cupboard, invisible from outside) so the exhaust fitered out through the door edge gaps (old house, big gaps, door stops partiallly removed). I found this worked very well, very stealthy and quiet with the fan inside the cupboard and then inside the ply growing enclosure. Was fine in my old draughty house, might be more problematic in a modern well sealed home where recirculated air could become humid and stale if not properly addressed. But your concept is totally workable. My plants and I were happy.

• Like 1

On 12/08/2022 at 10:35 PM, Arthur Mix said:

I’d batton round inside the doors and add a tent door , did similar for someone once it’s in a diary somewhere years ago , very simple to use an old tent to do .  They do kits now to cut vent holes in materials also secret jardin irc .

Hiya, I've 3 old tents but I'm finding that I can't just cut the door out because the zip at the bottom of the door goes all the way around the bottom side and back to hold it all in place, I still haven't started and need to make my mind up as I'm weeks if no days from.needing to put them on flower as its getting full in the 50x90x160 lol