Water test results

Bobcharlieeeee

21 minutes ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

add NON phd water with nutes, then adjust the ph in the reservoir? 

Yup that's the best way...keep a container of water in the groom (if you have space) and over time it will rise to a decent temp,

save using the kettle. I have no idea why the ph rises...someone will know...:yep:

11 minutes ago, stu914 said:

Yup that's the best way...keep a container of water in the groom (if you have space) and over time it will rise to a decent temp,

save using the kettle. I have no idea why the ph rises...someone will know...:yep:

There's an ion exchange going on when roots take up nutrients and the net result, assuming no other issues, is a net higher pH.

• Like 1

@stu914 id rather use tap water with the kettle, i want to minimise the amount of stuff in the room so i dont really want containers of water sitting there. unless i have too

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@stu914 @stu914 Iv been advised by Growers ark to use PH'd plain water with extra traces once a week to help avoid salt build up and nutrient lock out.

im a little confused on how to do this with the autopots, should i turn the reservoir off and water from the top once a week? or use the reservoir with plain water? 

Edited by Bobcharlieeeee

34 minutes ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

advised by Growers ark to use PH'd plain water with extra traces once a week

I've never used their nutes so can't really advise, not something I've ever done either, with enough run off there should be no build up of salts.

@stu914 im planning on using auto pots so after the first two weeks they wont get any run off if they are bottom fed. 

I think il take them out the autopots and water from the top, i guess that will also give me a chance to check the run off e.c  

• Like 1